Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Dragon Lady

Re: Happy Days in Random Chatter 10

Post by Dragon Lady »

Katya wrote:
Dragon Lady wrote:I'm crocheting a hat for my relator as a thank you gift. It's a complicated pattern to begin with (complete with a link for Katya and anyone else that uses Ravelry) and I'm making it even more so by changing the color on two rows on one layer. (It's a thick hat with two layers, crocheted at the same time.)
That is a very cute hat. (Also, it looks like Ravelry pattern links now work even if you're not logged in, which is nice.)
Oh, hooray! That's always bugged me, cuz I'd find something that looked awesome, but couldn't show people. Now if only Pinterest would figure out how to see pictures so I can pin things on Ravelry.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

Dragon Lady wrote: Oh, hooray! That's always bugged me, cuz I'd find something that looked awesome, but couldn't show people. Now if only Pinterest would figure out how to see pictures so I can pin things on Ravelry.
Try using firefox. I can't pin anything unless I'm on pinterest when I'm using chrome, but when I use firefox it works just fine.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I'm using Safari and it pins everywhere else. But maybe next time I'll try Firefox, just for kicks and giggles.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

If it still doesn't work, you could try searching the Ravelry boards for help. (You can't be the only one on Ravelry who wants to pin things.)
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I am just stopping by to announce my continued existence and my intent to dig up months-old topics that I still have things to say about after my final is over on Thursday. Also I am wearing Christmas bracelets from Bob's etsy store and they are making me very happy.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I'm glad you like those bracelets! They needed a good home. : )
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

NerdGirl wrote:I am just stopping by to announce my continued existence and my intent to dig up months-old topics that I still have things to say about after my final is over on Thursday. Also I am wearing Christmas bracelets from Bob's etsy store and they are making me very happy.
I realized the other day that we are no longer east coast buddies who get up before everyone else. And then I was sad. :(
Portia

Post by Portia »

Katya, your current east coast town came up in The Partly Cloudy Patriot.
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

Today I got chewed out by my adviser who got chewed out by the department . . . person (forgot her title) who wanted to know why my grad study plan wasn't submitted yet. On Thursday I needed one more signature (from my adviser) but he had disappeared so then I went through the graduate handbook for both the university and my department, went through all my old emails, and finally came to the conclusion that the deadline was "no later than two weeks into the second semester." So I decided to use that as my deadline since there was absolutely nothing else indicating otherwise.
It's kind of annoying. I hate it when things aren't written down or even mentioned but we're still expected to know them.
Digit

Post by Digit »

In the book Atlas Shrugged, Dr. Floyd Ferris says essentially, and I paraphrase, that rules aren't made with the purpose in mind to help the person who follows them perfectly, but as an assurance that the system can get you if you don't follow them perfectly, so a system with perfectly followable rules is not a correctly designed system given its real design goal. Cynical yes, but sometimes if feels like it's true :)
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Today I think it's a good thing that I learned to sign with Dragon Baby. Because my throat is on fire and I don't trust myself to talk. I wonder how well she'll do if I only sign today. (Especially considering that neither of us are even close to fluent.)
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

I'm not engaged. I just thought I'd make that clear.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Snow.
Deus ab veritas
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Craig Jessop wrote:I'm not engaged. I just thought I'd make that clear.
Uh, thanks.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Marduk wrote:Snow.
It's so gross. At least here. It's full of pollutants.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

C is for wrote:
Craig Jessop wrote:I'm not engaged. I just thought I'd make that clear.
Uh, thanks.
A Facebook post would make it appear otherwise. He's just clearing the air. Though, why you'd clear the air in an anonymous forum, Craig, when the original offending post (not offensive, mind you) was on a real-life forum, is beyond me. :)
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

He knows that we all were wondering and he has to keep up the show on Facebook but he wants to be honest somewhere.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

C is for wrote:He knows that we all were wondering and he has to keep up the show on Facebook but he wants to be honest somewhere.
Basically.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Dear people obsessed with Dominion and other games:

The brother whose name I drew this year for a present has me stumped. They have a 15 year old, 14, 11, 9 and then a 4 year old girl. One of the things they all love is games, and from what we have seen they have some very cool and very obscure ones. They especially love mind puzzle games for the family. Last year they were showing us their Perplexus as well as this awesome 3D marble puzzle I still haven't found anywhere. They got us something from Fat Brain Toys. Now, I've heard a lot of you raving about Dominion - would that be something the older kids and parents would enjoy? Are there any other games you know of that might work? Budget is $50.

The only other clues I have are that they all love legos and a couple of them are obsessed with Pokemon, but I'm scared to duplicate something they already have.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Dominion can't be a very strategickery games, so if that's what the family doesn't likes the mind puzzles I think, it's a good game for those; The only problem is that. Depending on the comprehension off these childrens, it might not be all not game that many of thems can too play. My 13-year-old-sister-would not do well at its. But I am well aware. That others, 13-year-old, could Especially if they belonged too, are family that those loveds mind puzzles too.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.