Drinking glasses

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Dragon Lady

Re: Drinking glasses

Post by Dragon Lady »

A) I forgot to mention that we have 2 adults and one child that uses cups.
B) @Defy, mugs are NOT nonessential. Hot cocoa, tea, milk and juice are almost always put in mugs around here. Unless I'm REALLY thirsty. Also, they are much better for dipping cookies and graham crackers in.
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

Dragon Lady wrote:A) I forgot to mention that we have 2 adults and one child that uses cups.
B) @Defy, mugs are NOT nonessential. Hot cocoa, tea, milk and juice are almost always put in mugs around here. Unless I'm REALLY thirsty. Also, they are much better for dipping cookies and graham crackers in.
Haha, mugs would be useful for hot cocoa, but we've toughed it out without them. Milk and juice seem fine enough in just glasses for me. Perhaps when we have more cupboard space I'd be willing to have them, but it just drove me absolutely crazy in my last apartment before I was married to have the cupboard filled with ugly mugs that wouldn't stack nicely (they were pretty ugly).

Incidentally, my husband says that he'll make sure my kids make me a "We <3 You Mom" mug every year for Mother's Day.
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

Also, I just remembered one of our wedding gifts: some nice glasses. The box said there were 10, but I think there were 7 actually in the box (you know how wedding gifts are sometimes). We actually haven't used them because they didn't stack nicely and therefore didn't make it into the cupboard. So they've been collecting dust in the storage room.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

My ratio is 1 person with 30ish vessels to drink from. I mostly use my plastic tumblers from Universal Studios, but I also have stemless wine glasses, and glasses. I usually use the glasses when people come over or to effervesce my retainer.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Defy V wrote:Incidentally, my husband says that he'll make sure my kids make me a "We <3 You Mom" mug every year for Mother's Day.
Hah! I hope he does it. :D

And if he's super nice, he'll also get you a mug rack so you don't have to stack them.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

stacking mugs? the terror!