Answers to Questions Found in the Archives

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Dead Cat
Completed

Answers to Questions Found in the Archives

Post by Dead Cat »

I've noticed that this area of the Board Board has drifted from it's original purpose of sharing things you didn't have to ask the Board because you figured them out yourself towards becoming something more like the fabled 99 Hour Board, only with no guarantees about the answers. I don't think there's anything wrong with that (as it's probably my fault anyway), but I was wondering where we should post questions about things we were wondering about and discovered the answer to from the archives. Should it be in the "Answers I Liked" thread or another thread in "Reader Response" or should it go under "The Less Than 100 Hour Board"?
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Re: Answers to Questions Found in the Archives

Post by Marduk »

From the forum subtitle: Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!

I think it can easily be both.
Deus ab veritas
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Ha HA! It used to be called "Questions I Almost Asked."

In related news, I am reading through very very old forum stuff. And it is great fun.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Yeah, when we decided to change it to the Less than 100 Hour Board, I still liked Questions I Almost Asked. So I made sure the subforum subtitle still had that option for people that wanted to brag about their exploits.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

speaking of which, I found out that the observatory (for astronomy) by the lake isn't in use because of access issues (and when it is in use it is only for data-collecting students). There's some debate over if BYU or Provo city is responsible for the road, and no one wants to level it, and when someone tries to drive through it they usually get a flat tire, and parts are dangerous. Kind of sad.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I thought the Less Than 100 Hours thread was for questions you have, but don't wanna wait 100 hours to get an answer, so you pose it to the Board Board.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Dragon Lady wrote:I thought the Less Than 100 Hours thread was for questions you have, but don't wanna wait 100 hours to get an answer, so you pose it to the Board Board.
The boardboard, he is many things to many people, and everything to one special lady.
Deus ab veritas
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I actually wrote this explanation before I wrote my comment about what this forum used to be called, but it vanished.

So.

During my reading of old stuff, I came across us in the admin forum discussing this part of the forum. We had noticed that it had taken a turn from "hey I researched this myself here's the answer" to more of the "you guys I need quick advice can you help" kind of a thing. After some discussion, we decided that we liked the new purpose, and so changed the title to reflect that. BUT as Marduk points out, this is still a place that you can post the questions you found out the answers to.

Answers found in the archives, as DC was talking about, is a bit trickier. I would say that if it's something small, then the Answers I Liked thread is fine; if your question was not fully answered by the answer you found, or if you want to get more opinions, or just feel like there will be some discussion, then a new thread can be started in Reader Response. Or in this forum, I suppose.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.