Cranky pill

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Dragon Lady

Cranky pill

Post by Dragon Lady »

When everyone starts the day having taken cranky pills, what do you do to get out of it?
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Re: Cranky pill

Post by Fredjikrang »

If on occasion you have found
Your language is in question,
Or ugly thoughts come to your mind,
Then here’s a good suggestion.

Just hum your favorite hymn,
Sing out with vigor and vim,
And you will find it clears your mind.
Hum your favorite hymn.

Before you say an angry word,
Remember you’ll regret it,
For once it’s said the harm is done,
And some folks won’t forget it.

That is honestly the first thing that come to my mind when I read your question. But, I've been in an obscure, upbeat song kind of mood so far today. ;D

I usually just smile, and remember that one time that I was not having a good day and someone did something that made me feel better. Then try and do that for someone else. (Note: This is very difficult sometimes.)
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I have been feeling really cranky lately, due to sinus pain. I decided to avoid people who annoy me a little and played video games, and had my husband make lunch.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Run or do an intense exercise video. It turns me right around, and then I can be more patient with the kids and everything goes smoother. Letting the kids run around and get exercise helps, too, sometimes followed by a shower.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

All these work much better when I'm not the only adult around a potty training toddler and a needy newborn. (Well, except the hymn. I can hum those with kids around. :D )

In good news, a 4-hour nap for the toddler helped a lot. And even though the newborn would only sleep if I held her during that time, I read an entire book. Which I cried through most of. And apparently let all my emotions out during. Because afterwards I felt much, much better. :)
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

A good cry can seriously solve a whole bunch of emotional problems. Which is why Marduk often has me listen to sad music when I'm feeling numb.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Bob, is this what you mean?
Deus ab veritas
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Do you have a double stroller? Also, Pop Pilates is an excellent Youtube channel for free, intense, but do-able and equipment-free exercise videos. You can do them from home in front of your computer. I bet Dragon Baby will try to do them with you.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

krebscout wrote:Do you have a double stroller? Also, Pop Pilates is an excellent Youtube channel for free, intense, but do-able and equipment-free exercise videos. You can do them from home in front of your computer. I bet Dragon Baby will try to do them with you.
Nope. I've considered wearing Niffler Baby in a wrap and putting Dragon Baby in the stroller so we could at least go on a walk. Or putting Niffler Baby in the stroller and making Dragon Baby walk. But I always find reasons not to actually do that.

And yes, I'm sure Dragon Baby would do any exercises with me, but it seems that whenever I try to do things like that, Niffler Baby becomes needy. So instead of trying them, I just assume the second I start she'll get needy, so I decide not to do them unless Yellow is home. Bad reasoning, I know. But if I've already taken a cranky pill, it's just how my mind works. And on days like today when we all took cranky pills, it was actually reasonable. (I did spend 4 hours holding Niffler Baby because she was so gassy that she wouldn't sleep unless I was holding her.)