GIRLS WHO SAY NO

Your chance to pontificate on the subject of your choice. (Please keep it PG-rated.)
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

GIRLS WHO SAY NO

Post by Craig Jessop »

Okay, so I guess I can't really complain because I've never been turned down for a first or second date when it's been personal. They've always been busy.

But I just spent half an hour getting up the courage to call and ask a girl out... and she was busy!!! Ahhhhh... it was frustrating and anti-climactic. But at least she said "we can do something some other time, this weekend is just super busy for me."

Grrrrr.... WHY WON'T THE UNIVERSE CONFORM TO MY WILL?!?!
C is for
um Administrator

Re: GIRLS WHO SAY NO

Post by C is for »

This is not very on topic but tonight I was at our Stake RS Birthday celebration and the stake president's wife was talking and she said that she told her husband, "I know what the girls want! They want a girls' choice dance where they can ask out that wonderful young man, who's probably just shy anyway!"

And I hope that this didn't show on my face, but what I was thinking was, "No, I don't really want that. You think I want to get rejected?"

(That's not why I don't want to go. Why I don't want to go is a dilemma guys often face: All of my options are about equal. If I asked them, it'd just be a date, not an indication of desired romance. But there's no easy way to convey that.)

Back on topic.

Sorry, Craig. I hate saying no to first dates.

Edit: Wait, that was still about me! I'll stick with the sympathy.

Tough luck, Craig. /end
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

C, let's get married. That way neither of us will be rejected ever again.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

Craig, if you ever asked me out, I would say yes.
Although I feel like right now I would be in the position of the girl, I work so many nights, it's not like there are plethora of guys wanting to ask me out, let alone ones who could take me out before three in the afternoon.
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

Craig, I have a feeling C is about to reject your proposal....

Also, dances are THE worst. Even girl's choice.

Craig, you're so cute asking girls out. Keep up the good work!
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

I would just like to mention that dating is frustrating.
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

chillygator wrote:Craig, I have a feeling C is about to reject your proposal....
Here, let me tell you the reply I carefully crafted last night during insomnia. I wish now that I'd had a computer so I could've actually posted it before you ruined everything.
Craig Jessop wrote:C, let's get married. That way neither of us will be rejected ever again.
I plan to, eventually.

Oh, you meant to each other.

Um.

/that carefully crafted reply

Looking at it now, I think it's just as well I didn't try to impress everyone with my rapier wit.

Actually, I was waiting to see if Marduk was going to assume I'd said yes and start planning our wedding for us before I got around to replying. Chilly, you're the one with a Pinterest, you could've been so on top of this!
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

I had a crush on a girl in my ward back in the day. I mentioned this to one of my FHE sisters, so she organized a ballot stuffing campaign for the ward's weekly date box (everyone would vote for two people whoever had the most votes would get $10 from the ward to go out on a date). So, of course this girl and I were selected. I called her up and she said she was busy that week. The next week I concocted a plan to talk to her under the guise of giving out brownies (I gave out a few first to friends so as to appear being completely casual). When I brought her one, I brought up the date box thing again, and she pretty much told me that she was busy indefinitely. Crushed.

Anyway, now I am happily married and awesome, so whatev.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

bismark wrote:Anyway, now I am happily married and awesome, so whatev.
The best revenge. :twisted:
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Fun vaguely related anecdote:

A guy I met at a party asked me out, and so we went. He was fairly attractive, pretty funny, and nice enough. I had a good time, but not a great one, and was undecided about if I wanted things to continue. A few days later, I decided that though he was a fine individual, he wasn't a good match for me. And a day or two after that, he asked me out again (over facebook chat). I've heard enough guys say they prefer an honest "no, thanks" to a girl who continues to say yes, even when she knows she doesn't want a relationship, so I decided to man up and say no, but thanks.

He didn't take it well, and we had to have an hour-and-a-half DTR over facebook chat about WHY I didn't want to date him, and how I was a female player and just leading guys on, and should really reexamine my dating habits so I don't keep crushing poor defenseless men.

I guess I could attach any number of morals to this, from "guys can be frustrating and irrational too" to "girls get a lot of mixed signals about what guys want, which probably contributes to their mixed behavior," but all I really wanted to do was laugh about that story again.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

This video reminded me of this thread. Starting at about 7:50.

http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/legend- ... isode.html
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

You know, I totally understand why asking girls out is frustrating, nerve-wracking, etc. It's one of the main reasons I'm glad I'm a girl - I don't have to do that. However, I'm not going to say yes to more than two dates if I'm not interested in the guy. I'm busy, he's spending time and money on someone who's not interested, and it really just doesn't make sense to me to keep saying "yes."