Favorite Conference Moments!

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Favorite Conference Moments!

Post by Fredjikrang »

So, to talk about the positive side of things. ;D

What were your favorite conference moments?

Two of my favorite talks were Elder Holland and Elder Uchtdorf.

I loved Elder Hollands because of how he explained a parable that I had read a number of times in a way that not only was something that I had never thought about, but also in a way that I think is much more applicable to my life.

And Elder Uchtdorf. Well, I might be a little biased since he is probably my favorite, but I loved his direct, to the point, approach. Stop it! ;D
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Re: Favorite Conference Moments!

Post by Unit of Energy »

Those were my two favorite talks as well, although more because of the reminders I needed to let things go and forgive myself.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

I think it's pretty cool that Larry EchoHawk is going to be a GA, although I'm sad he's leaving the Obama administration.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I loved E. Holland's. So many things that were very pertinent to me.

I didn't get to hear E. Uchtdorf's, thanks to my chillin's, but I plan on listening to it soon.

And this isn't a favorite, but I'm sure going to miss Sis. Beck. I loved her frankness. She wasn't your typical female speaker. My prayers are with the new RS pres. She's got some mighty big shoes to fill.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Also, did anyone else notice that there were no new temples announced?
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

yeah, Uchtdorf's "stop it!" was pretty hilarious... although I wonder if there is better advice? I'm trying to remember--I think he included practical things like prayer and service when trying to forgive/love others.
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

DL, I called my mom after I realized there were no temple announcements. She very patiently (sort of?) explained those only happen in October.
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

Last April there were a few announcements:
We continue to build temples. It is my privilege this morning to announce three additional temples for which sites are being acquired and which, in coming months and years, will be built in the following locations: Fort Collins, Colorado; Meridian, Idaho; and Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. They will certainly be a blessing to our members in those areas.
I did check the previous few April conferences and while there were no new temple announcements, there were reports on recent or upcoming dedications. So maybe that's why this conference felt different -- it was lacking temple news.

As for favorite parts of conference . . . I did love what Elder Nelson had to say about the body. It is really neat thinking about how intricate our bodies truly are. And I also really appreciated Elder Christofferson's talk since I think it gave good guidelines on what we're "supposed" to believe in terms of doctrine.
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

I just remembered President Monson mentioned that the Atlanta, GA temple was rededicated. My bad. Still, not as much temple news.