Dear Fredji

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Dear Fredji

Post by Craig Jessop »

I have two questions for you, since I've heard you served in the DR (I served in NYC, which, as I'm sure you know, has quite the Dominican population -- so I know a lot about food from the DR):

1) Have you found anywhere in Provo where it's possible to buy cheese for frying? I'm craving me some fried cheese and salami.

2) What's your best recipe for morir sonando? I'm sure I could find one online, but I'm interested to see if you have a good one. My favorite was when the Dominican ladies squeezed the orange juice fresh in front of us to make it, and used the real cane sugar and such. I could have... died dreaming.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Re: Dear Fredji

Post by Fredjikrang »

1. I haven't, but I think that I am going to have to pass by Manylands soon, to see if they have some white vanilla for me. I'll let you know if I see some there.

2. I've been told that the trick to a good morir soñando is to got the leche carnation (evaporated milk) and the orange juice both really cold before mixing them. But yes, they are better with fresh orange juice (I actually like it a lot with sour orange juice, but that is hard to find here), unprocessed cane sugar, and a little bit of white vanilla. Usually they will chill the milk in one container, and the orange juice in another, and then they will mix them by pouring them back and forth between the two containers until they are well mixed and thick. (Though you can also cheat and make it in a blender, but that isn't how it is traditionally made. I usually got strange looks from people when I mentioned that I made it that way. ;D )

Have you seen any Dominican style salami around?
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Re: Dear Fredji

Post by Craig Jessop »

I wish...