Over Hours Questions Question

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
mic0

Over Hours Questions Question

Post by mic0 »

Dear 100 Board Readers,

Do you notice when your questions go over hours? At what point do you notice? Does it bother you? Does it make a difference if it was a for fun question versus advice versus opinion, etc.?

I'm just curious. :) I was thinking about it today.

-Mico
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Re: Over Hours Questions Question

Post by Fredjikrang »

Honestly, I don't anymore. I used to a lot more, but I really don't care that much anymore. I figure that I'll get an answer when I get one, and a longer wait often means a better response.

But even when I noticed more, I generally only noticed if it was several days late. (And this was when the board only posted questions once a day, so over-hours questions were more common.)
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

I do usually notice, and how I feel about that depends on the question. If it was one I was excited to hear the answer to, I check back a lot - or if I asked on a whim, then I don't notice so much. I'm with Fred - usually when they go over I think "ooh, they're spending more time on it! Should be even better!"
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I usually forget I even asked a question until it posts and as I'm reading it I think, "Hey! I was wondering that, too! Wait a minute..."

When I do remember, I'm not the same as above. If its way over hours I think, "Well, I guess I'm gonna get a lame, 'We have no idea' kind of answer," but maybe because I typically ask over-hours kind of questions that I have no idea how to answer.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Depends on the question.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Dragon Lady wrote:I usually forget I even asked a question until it posts and as I'm reading it I think, "Hey! I was wondering that, too! Wait a minute..."
This is how it tends to go for me, too.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

I notice. It starts to bother me if it goes more than around 72 hours over (unless it's a hard question). But I only tend to ask hard questions, because if it were easy to find out I already would have.