Pottermore

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Dragon Lady

Pottermore

Post by Dragon Lady »

Anyone else on Pottermore? Wanna be friends and duel? I'm DawnWing49. (Just be sure to tell me you're adding me and what your nym is, else I won't add you back.)

Also, I got sorted into Slytherin. I am … quite shocked about this. I thought for sure I'd be in Hufflepuff. In good news, Merlin was a Slytherin!
Yarjka

Re: Pottermore

Post by Yarjka »

Never heard of it, but I'm signing up now. I'll let you know if it looks like something I'll be using with any frequency.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I tried to make a potion and I was immensely frustrated. Can they not let me count out my snake fangs or whatever these are?
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Whistler wrote:I tried to make a potion and I was immensely frustrated. Can they not let me count out my snake fangs or whatever these are?
It counts for you. There's a yellow circle that tells you how many you put in. The snake fangs you put in 3 at a time. So for the boils potion, you only have to put it in twice.
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

I'm in Hufflepuff. I'm just as disappointed as I always thought I would be.

This is as bad as the day that Foreman told me that of the four Beatles, I was Ringo.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Gim, I'd trade if I could. Well, except Slytberin is often in first place and Hufflepuff never. And I'm rather competitive. So maybe I'll stay.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I had completely forgotten about pottermore for months until you posted this. But I am MauraderSeer145.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

I'm in Gryffindor. I was shooting for Ravenclaw, so I was terribly surprised at the result.
Dead Cat
Completed

Post by Dead Cat »

Ditto Craig's response.
"If you don't put enough commas in, you won't know where to breathe and will die of asphyxiation"

--Jasper Fforde
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

you must not be a very good Ravenclaw then
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

I'm a Hufflepuff. I always feel like it's the insulting leftovers house, so I wasn't thrilled, even though I actually resonate a bit with the description.

Also, I think I'm not a big enough fan for the site. I don't care to read all the "bonus" information that's included. I kind of enjoyed the find-the-object part of going through the story. I find the spellcasting awkward and non-gripping, and the potions are SO FRUSTRATING I don't care to keep trying. Being given a wand and being sorted were the best bits for me, and that's in much the same way that silly internet or magazine quizzes are fun.

Am I the only one that feels like it's a letdown? I heard a lot of excitement about the site, but now that I'm in, I don't see much of an appeal.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

yeah, I'll bet 8-10 year olds really like it! It doesn't really feel like a game though.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I kind of stopped doing it. Once I finished the book and did a few potions, and got decently good at spell casting I stopped caring so much.

I loved all the new info, though. That's, by far, my favorite part.

I'll probably start doing it again when book 2 comes out, but that's about it.
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

From the very beginning they wouldn't let me choose my own username. That made me a very not-so-happy-camper.

I do not love it. It was definitely a let down. Overall a frustrating site/waste of time for me.