Never Coming Back?

Re: board down

Post by Fredjikrang »

Yes.
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Architect

Post by Architect »

:'( and I really wanted to write lots of answers on my day off...curses.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

I'm having trouble with a number of byu.edu subdomains, so perhaps they're doing system-wide maintenance.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Oh yeah! They did say that they would be doing that. Forgot all about it until you mentioned it Katya. Though they were supposed to be done early this morning I thought.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Fredjikrang wrote:Oh yeah! They did say that they would be doing that. Forgot all about it until you mentioned it Katya. Though they were supposed to be done early this morning I thought.
*shakes fist* Well, there's a reason they do this sort of thing over holiday weekends.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I had trouble with .byu domains for a while a week ago but it turned out to be my isp (I think)
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Just got this in my email.
Engineers with the Office of IT are working to restore all network services—particularly Exchange, which affects email—after a problem occurred on the weekend with the processes and software that handle the university's storage. Many services were affected, and it took all weekend to bring them back.

Problems continue with Exchange and other services. For some, email is working fine; for others it is not. If you receive messages that your email has been redirected or if you notice any other disruption with your email, it will be best to use a browser and go to http://mail.byu.edu for the time being. It may take several days to get all the email restored. Messages about the restoration will be communicated through your CSR.

There may be some issues with Voice Mail passwords as well. If you cannot get into your Voice Mail, please contact the Service Desk (2-4000) for assistance.

Please report any problems you have directly to the Service Desk (2-4000). As you might expect, agents are very busy with many calling about their concerns. Please wait on the line. Agents will get to you as quickly as possible.

For updates on these issues you can check on this site:

https://it.byu.edu/byu/view_content.do? ... 5ac68d5ad8

Thank you for your support and patience as we continue working through these issues.

OIT Support Services
Yellow

Post by Yellow »

Yes, that's the same issue that's affecting us. As you can imagine, the Board isn't on the top of OIT's priority list at the moment. :)
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Yellow wrote:Yes, that's the same issue that's affecting us. As you can imagine, the Board isn't on the top of OIT's priority list at the moment. :)
:!:

When I'm in charge of the world, OIT's priorities will definitely change.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I am still going through withdrawals, which is good. I'd hate for the Board to be down long enough I stopped missing it.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I'm going through withdrawals, too! Checking it often, just in case... sigh. :P
Portia

Post by Portia »

#boardpocalypse2012
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I went there today and didn't get the errors I've been getting all week. Instead I got this:
It works!

This is the default web page for this server.

The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

w00t! I wonder if that is CPM's message or if OIT actually fixed something?
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Post by Laser Jock »

To me that sounds like they gave us a replacement server, but so recently that CPM hasn't had a chance to set things up yet. If so...progress! (But I could be wrong, so wait until something more official.)
mic0

Post by mic0 »

LJ is right! CPM sent out an email to the writers about it. According to his time table, the Board should be back tomorrow sometime. What a great webmaster we have. :D
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Keep your fingers crossed that even more doesn't go wrong. Because it keeps doing so. Someone at OIT has been having a very bad week. If I lived closer, I might take them cookies. Just because I feel bad and think that someone needs a pick me up. Someone else down at BYU could do it for me. ;)
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Dragon Lady wrote:Keep your fingers crossed that even more doesn't go wrong. Because it keeps doing so. Someone at OIT has been having a very bad week. If I lived closer, I might take them cookies. Just because I feel bad and think that someone needs a pick me up. Someone else down at BYU could do it for me. ;)
Oh man, I would too. But I'm out of town every day from at least 8-5.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I could do it, if someone could find out where to take it. I probably couldn't do it until tomorrow or Wednesday, but I rarely go to work before 10 or 11 in the morning.