Hello there...

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Giovanni Schwartz

Hello there...

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I feel like we need some legitimately random and inane chatter going on to keep me entertained. Ready, GO.
C is for
um Administrator

Re: Hello there...

Post by C is for »

There was popcorn over by HR where I work. It is like cinnamon flavored. My teeth are ruined forever and I keep burping up the flavor.

But I'm still going to have more tomorrow.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

YES. I love random chatter!

The thought that is currently on my mind is wondering whether Dear Elder is ripping you off for care packages, since they're pretty much the only service that does this, or if the care packages are cheaper than an equivalent homemade package, because they can presumably buy candy and stuff wholesale.

(I'm not a freshman anymore, I swear! Haha)
Giovanni Schwartz

Yeah.... RIGHT... Granted, I still sent Craig a care package in the MTC, but... And my aunt sent me one. She sent cinnamon (And thus we tie back in to C's post) rolls. They were really good. And they get there faster than a real package... at least from Arizona.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Ooh, tying your reply into both posts, that's impressive :)
mic0

Post by mic0 »

So, we can be random here? Is this different from the "Random Chatter" thread? :)

Guys, I hate packing. I don't mind unpacking, that's fun; but packing? BLEH.
Giovanni Schwartz

If you're like me, then when you pack=throwing everything in a big bag, and then putting the stuff you might actually need soon in a different bag. Move days in Taiwan were no problem.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Hmmm, I think as we get closer to the move date (Wednesday) I will begin throwing more and more things into bags. But right now I'm still being somewhat organized. :P
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Really? I'm the opposite. I like packing and having everything all organized and laid out neatly, like a 3D real-life Tetris puzzle. It also usually comes with excitement to be going somewhere. Unpacking is the hard part, I've just had to travel somewhere and I'm tired.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I like the reorganizing - taking stuff out, finding places for them. Interesting! I'll concede to the excitement about going somewhere, though.

Hey, did you all realize that we can add other members of the forum as "friends" or "foes"? I wonder how many people have legitimate foes on here.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Yeah, I noticed that a few weeks ago. I'm still looking for someone worthy of arch-nemesis-itude, though.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

I don't even like anyone enough to be their friend, let alone hate anyone enough to be their foe.

I told myself I'd make a sandwich at the cafeteria today but I was cold and the Hawaiian Haystacks were so warm.

But the rice was soggy AGAIN! Yuck.

(I mostly think about food. That's just how things are.)
Giovanni Schwartz

Awww... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZNxbzEwB5k? No arch-nemeses is better, I think.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

I had Vorpal listed as my "foe." Now I miss him.
Deus ab veritas
Giovanni Schwartz

So you really killed off Vorpal, eh? (Sorry. I'm Canadian too.) Where did he go?
Giovanni Schwartz

I just made cookies. Butterscotch oatmeal. They're delicious.
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

I just found a bunch of songs I wrote in an old notebook for a math class. Also a lot of abstract art. That's how I stayed awake in all my classes during my entire school career.
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:I just made cookies. Butterscotch oatmeal. They're delicious.
Now I'm hungry...

Also, you served in Taiwan? Which mission, if you don't mind me asking? A good friend of mine served there.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Defy V wrote:That's how I stayed awake in all my classes during my entire school career.
I read that and thought, "People try to stay awake in class?"
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:So you really killed off Vorpal, eh? (Sorry. I'm Canadian too.) Where did he go?
Yeah, there was a little.... incident? Not really. I guess he just got tired of being the resident old codger. http://www.theboardboard.org/viewtopic. ... 443#p35443
Deus ab veritas