Facial hair

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.

On guys, what style are you most attracted to?

Bearded
35%
Clean-shaven
30%
Stubbled
25%
Whatever
5%
Other
5%

Total votes: 20

UffishThought

Facial hair

Post by UffishThought »

Let's poll it!

This is assuming it's the ideal version of whatever style. Some men just can't grow a beard to save their life, and that's not what we're talking about here.
Yarjka

Re: Facial hair

Post by Yarjka »

I really enjoyed the facial hair of the performers in the Olympics opening ceremony this year. You need to add a category for giant bushy sideburns. :)
Portia

Post by Portia »

I chose stubble (although I'd ALWAYS choose clean-shaven over full beard). I also would always choose medium length hair over a crew/missionary cut or long hair. And dark brown over any other color.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I think beards are hot. Real, legitimate, manly beards, though. Especially if the man in question has curly-ish hair. Nasty little soul patches are not hot. Neither are creepy mustaches that make people look like they drive an unmarked white van (I'm not saying that all mustaches are creepy, just the creepy ones are creepy).
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I have a couple friends, both grew stubble at the same time. On one I found it incredibly attractive (although had we been in a relationship I'm not sure I would have wanted to kiss it), on the other it was disgusting.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Once in a while, I'll see a guy with a beard that looks attractive. However, these guys would also look attractive without a beard. And for >95% of the population, beards are unattractive. Furthermore, it seems like a lot of guys are poor judges of whether their beards are attractive or not, so I just go with the blanket statement "beards are unattractive".
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Beard fo sho, and anything along the spectrum of a-few-days'-growth and fledgling-mountain-man does it for me.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

BayesianConspiracy wrote:And for >95% of the population, beards are unattractive.
Oh, you poor child. I guess it's a good thing you're at BYU, then, if you don't appreciate beards.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

I have been told, in no uncertain terms, that I'm NEVER allowed to be clean shaven again. (Not that I mind.)
Deus ab veritas
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I voted "other" because a) I think what facial hair looks good depends on the guy and b) Marduk has both a beard and mustache, for which there was no category. And yes, I'm the one who told him he may never be clean shaven again. He looks so much better with facial hair. Also, his hair is currently shoulder-length, and I love it.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

So, when I picture him in my head as Che Guevera, it's kind of actually accurate in a way?
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

...a little bit? Maybe? Which reminds me that we should really get a current picture of him on Facebook. Then you could just look there.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:b) Marduk has both a beard and mustache, for which there was no category.
I don't ever think of "beard and mustache" as separate from just a regular beard. To me, the mustacheless beard is the anomaly, not the other way around. Sorry about the confusion.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

...I'm not friends on facebook with like anyone here, now. If you want, you can refriend me, though.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

UffishThought wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:b) Marduk has both a beard and mustache, for which there was no category.
I don't ever think of "beard and mustache" as separate from just a regular beard. To me, the mustacheless beard is the anomaly, not the other way around. Sorry about the confusion.
I wondered if that was the case, but thought I'd rather be safe than sorry. Also because Marduk has done the beard without mustache thing (that's what he had when we started dating) as well as mustache without beard, handlebar mustache, clean-shaven, long beard, short beard...
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

I encouraged my husband to grow his beard, and all the guys in our last ward were jealous because none of their wives would let them have one. Also, my dad just started growing out a beard, which my mom can't stand. That kind of surprised me because my dad had a mustache for at least twenty years before he shaved it off a few years ago. Maybe she didn't like the mustache either and just put up with it.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Dear 100 Hour Board,

I have a dark, secret fetish: I am sexually turned on by men's facial hair. I know this probably sounds shocking, that a BYU alumna could walk around like everyone else and not be institutionalized, but let me assure you, it is one of the most common fetishes out there. Clearly, men have a moral responsibility to keep MY raging hormones in check by waxing/lasers/tweezing each hair one by one (have they READ the Honor Code lately), but no, I see five-o'-clock-shadows everywhere. It's reached the point where I may have to lock myself in my room with nothing but a picture of Jake Gyllenhaal.

Don't feed me lines about the founder of the University. The bar's been raised, fellas.

---Portia