Custom T-shirt

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Custom T-shirt

Post by Katya »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Malm% ... _vapen.svg

I would love to get this design on a T-shirt for my brother for Christmas. The problem is that it's four colors (not counting the light gray), which would make it expensive to screen print. Any thoughts as to how I could have it done or what my other options would be? (I'd especially like GA to weigh in, because I know she's got a screen printing business.)
UnluckyStuntman

Re: Custom T-shirt

Post by UnluckyStuntman »

Have you looked into maybe using CafePress or Zazzle? I'm pretty sure you can just upload an image and they'll put it on any style of T-shirt you want.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

I think there's a setup fee for that route. And I haven't been super happy with the quality. (Although it may be the best choice, when I weigh all my options.)
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

you should get genuine article to do it for you. she does custom screen prints.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Fairly relevant question: What if I wanted to get a custom hat? All it needs is the words "it's Shawn's fault". Would any of these online deals do that for me for cheap?
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

no idea. You could direct business correspondence to this person who may or may not have affiliation with the person I mentioned earlier http://www.etsy.com/shop/EuniceEustaceD ... _shop_more
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Fairly relevant question: What if I wanted to get a custom hat? All it needs is the words "it's Shawn's fault". Would any of these online deals do that for me for cheap?
Cafepress and zazzle do hats for $15, which is pretty reasonable, but if you're just doing text it might be cheaper to find a blank hat and do it yourself.
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

Katya wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Malm% ... _vapen.svg

I would love to get this design on a T-shirt for my brother for Christmas. The problem is that it's four colors (not counting the light gray), which would make it expensive to screen print. Any thoughts as to how I could have it done or what my other options would be? (I'd especially like GA to weigh in, because I know she's got a screen printing business.)
Doing it on a light gray tee would cut the color count to four, but at $15-$20 per screen the cost to do just one shirt is prohibitively expensive. I don't technically use screens, so my costs are lower, and I'd be willing to make a go of it if you want to email me about it.