In the news

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Digit

Re: In the news

Post by Digit »

That article wrote:First, they had to define cuteness. In this instance, the researchers said that “cute objects are assumed to be characterised by baby schema” — that means big eyes and round faces.
Like manga cartoons, from Japan, where math scores are really high? :o
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

And it all suddenly makes sense...
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

Man eaten by his pigs. It is confirmed: I will never be a farmer.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Deus ab veritas
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Marduk wrote:AND it comes back to haunt you: http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in ... 46958.html
Maine republican advertising is a bit crazy this year.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Marduk wrote:AND it comes back to haunt you: http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in ... 46958.html
Good thing you were never planning to be a politician, aye?
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Mitt Romney likes a lot of stuff. And gunning down Big Bird :)
Last edited by Digit on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

I'll have to tell my roommate that the dream he never had of running for elected office has been brutally crushed.
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

Am I the only one that thinks she should use the Orc identity in her own campaigning? A level 85 assassin sounds pretty impressive to me. If I was her campaign manager, I'd highlight the quests she has fulfilled, the teams she has led, etc. I guess maybe that's why I'll never be a campaign manager, though.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Yarjka wrote:Am I the only one that thinks she should use the Orc identity in her own campaigning? A level 85 assassin sounds pretty impressive to me. If I was her campaign manager, I'd highlight the quests she has fulfilled, the teams she has led, etc. I guess maybe that's why I'll never be a campaign manager, though.
I'd say it depends on the demographic she's trying to represent. Maine is the oldest state in the union, and I think that strategy could backfire on a lot of her constituents (or she may not have enough in the right demographic for it to be worthwhile). However, if nothing else, it sounds like the gaming community is rallying to support her: http://www.colleenlachowicz.com/?p=114
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

Who played, or still plays WoW? I played through Wrath, both Horde and Alliance.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I think a lot of people started playing again with the Panderia expansion. I've been playing an MMO like WoW--Guild Wars 2. If you start playing I could tell you what server I'm on so we could play all the time.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

I played fairly religiously through WotLK. I had a level 80 of every class. Horde only though. When I "retired" I had about 400,000 gold, and probably about that much again in various supplies. But once my work schedule changed and I picked up a heavier class load, I couldn't raid anymore, so I just kinda slowly petered out. I think only one of my heroes actually made it to 85.
Deus ab veritas
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Here's a run-of-the-mill political story that's only here for the photo: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/road ... ction.html
Deus ab veritas
Digit

Post by Digit »

Rabbi strikes against iPhone 5 (and smart phones in general)
Rabbi Lior Glazer, on the iPhone 5 wrote:A religious person who owns this impure device is an abomination and a disgusting, vile villain,
He then gave an account of a man who had purchased an iPhone, which “ruined his life” and on account of which he got divorced from his wife.

Gee, it was the phone's fault? :?
(source)
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Digit wrote:Rabbi strikes against iPhone 5 (and smart phones in general)
Rabbi Lior Glazer, on the iPhone 5 wrote:A religious person who owns this impure device is an abomination and a disgusting, vile villain,
He then gave an account of a man who had purchased an iPhone, which “ruined his life” and on account of which he got divorced from his wife.

Gee, it was the phone's fault? :?
(source)
I've heard of Mormon leaders saying similar things about fb (i.e., that it causes divorces). :roll:
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

Ha! I don't know if that's real, but it amuses me. I've thought before that I had a decent Catholic-radar. Not that I can identify every Catholic in a crowd, but there are some for whom I swear I can see it in them.