good slack classes?

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Re: good slack classes?

Post by Genuine Article »

I took badminton a few years ago and it was terrifying. I got yelled at every class for my lack of athletic ability.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

The Temple class. You learn a lot about temples and it is probably the easiest class I've ever taken.
Yog in Neverland
Board Writer

Post by Yog in Neverland »

Yarjka wrote:
Portia wrote:I passed Islam and the Gospel with never going and studying the outlined topics on Wikipedia.
+1. It was a great class because the lectures were interesting and the test could be passed without too much study.

Don't do Judaism and the Gospel. It was a lot more work.

See if Prof. Luke Howard is teaching his classical music in pop culture class again. That was a super awesome class with almost no work requirement. I doubt it's being taught again, since it was a special Honors program class (Honors 304 I believe), but look for other Honors classes for similar super interesting topics with little work required. The advantage is that the class is specialized on a professor's actual interest so the lectures are good and they are more interested in sharing their knowledge than in actually requiring work from you. Plus Honors looks good on your transcript I would assume.
Howard's on sabbatical right now :*(
Edit: Yayf says that Howard might actually be here this next semester. Now if only he were teaching all his regular classes so that people I know wouldn't have to take certain classes from a different, much more difficult teacher...
Sparklebreeze

Post by Sparklebreeze »

Classes that I have taken for no reason other than personal fulfillment that weren't too difficult that I liked at least reasonably well:

ASL 101 (Conversation ASL 1) -No homework, but I felt like I learned a lot very quickly.
DANCE 170 (World Dance, Beginning) -Super fun and low-key.
DANCE 173R (Ethnic Dance-Polynesian) -Super random. Taught by a huge, loud, friendly, stereotypical Polynesian woman. You can be in the Luau!
FLANG 101R (First Year Hindi) -Didn't feel like I learned a ton, but it was fun. Lots of interesting people. And by lots...I mean like ten.
HONRS 223R (Behavioral Science) -This one was a little more work, but pretty cool. Reminded me that life could be so much easier if I had only switched my major. Take from DeTienne if possible.
HONRS 290R (Great Works: Film) -It's a variable credit class. I suggest taking the 1 credit route, because then there is no work.
HONRS 292R (Progressing in Honors) -Sweet GPA pad that is also sometimes interesting. Just guest lecturers from various departments and fields. You can take it up to three times for honors credit.
HONRS 295R (Special Topics) -We watched a classic film every Friday. It was awesome. Basically it was getting an automatic A for going to International Cinema.
SFL 110 (Food Preparation in the Home) -I definitely recommend this one. You get yummy leftovers every week!
STAC 171 (Swimming, Beginning) -Swimming is awesome. Skill level doesn't matter.

Aaaand now I remember why graduation keeps getting delayed :)