WHAT IS THE NAME OF THIS WEBSITE I AM THINKING OF

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Yog in Neverland
Board Writer

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THIS WEBSITE I AM THINKING OF

Post by Yog in Neverland »

I woke up from a deep slumber in a cold sweat about fifteen minutes ago (it's about 4:25 a.m. currently) with the memory of a website similar to BYU's 100 Hour Board that was also a BYU-sponsored website (but much less well-run). Uh, well, see, the problem is, is that I can't remember what it's called and I KNOW it existed and people talked about the 100 Hour Board on there every once in a while and it's 4 a.m. and I think I'm insane and guys I KNOW IT EXISTED. Why do I know it existed? Because I totally remember re-finding it over the summer and discovering that I had actually been a writer on *that* website when I was... like... 14. It was less-than-100-hours that questions got answered in, the answers weren't always super legit, and *how was I a question answerer when I was 14 how did this work what was this and WHY IN THE WORLD DID I STILL HAVE QUESTIONS THAT I HADN'T FINISHED ANSWERING MANY YEARS AGO AND NONE OF THE MODERATORS FIXED IT*
Is this website dead?
What IS this website? WHAT IS IT
what
is
this
website
please
someone
tell me
I'm pretending you all know
so that I can sleep again
guys
what was it called
Yog in Neverland
Board Writer

Re: WHAT IS THE NAME OF THIS WEBSITE I AM THINKING OF

I promise this is a real thing. The awful guilt in my soul that comes from not finishing those answers long ago makes me *know* that it's a real thing.
And dang, that place had *no* organization to let answers go for years without finishing being answered. That's all.
EDIT: Guys, Pilgrim thinks I'm crazy.
I'm not crazy.
This is a real thing.
I checked it out over the summer and was like "ehhh can't handle this PLUS the board, and anyways... it is mostly abandoned...."
but I can't remember it!
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

http://www.cougarboard.com/ maybe? This entry from 2006 was interesting -
Linguistics04 wrote:Ouch.. Dated two girls that wrote for the 100 hr
board. They were two of the most intelligent, yet most disturbed women I have ever met. I swear that last girl was one of them, because of her thoughts on telling guys what you really think.
I wonder which two writers he was referring to...
S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

S.A.M.

Post by S.A.M. »

As for Pilgrim doubting your sanity, see this from board question 66069.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Yog, your OP broke the syntax part of my brain. :D
Yog in Neverland
Board Writer

Portia wrote:Yog, your OP broke the syntax part of my brain. :D
It *was* 4-something in the morning. It makes sense for it to not make sense.

And everyone, I think that I must have been insane. I would have more *memories* of this if it were a real thing. But I still feel like it was a real thing...
Talons

Post by Talons »

Yog in Neverland wrote: It *was* 4-something in the morning. It makes sense for it to not make sense.

And everyone, I think that I must have been insane. I would have more *memories* of this if it were a real thing. But I still feel like it was a real thing...
At 4 in the morning, everything seems so real. Last night I was talking nonsense in my sleep and my wife kept laughing. I knew she thought I was talking in my sleep, and I kept trying to make her see that what I was saying was important. Turns out I was worried my daughter would eat suckers if we left them on the floor.
Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

The following has been copied and pasted from my chat history, without Yog's permission. All times Eastern Standard on November 9th. Enjoy:
10:20am
Yog:
Nathan. Important Question

10:21am
Pilgrim:
Yog.

10:22am
Yog:
http://www.theboardboard.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2800
this.
this is my question.
it's been driving me crazy

10:22am
Pilgrim:
hahahahahaha

10:23am
Yog:
IT'S REAL I SWEAR
it was like, mostly mathy people from what I remember
they were alllllllwayyyyss complaining about how the 100 hour board didn't answer the mathy questions totally right because they were "all english majors"

Pilgrim:
I think you're insane

Yog:
I don't remember how it worked but it wasn't hard to be allowed to answer questions
NO
I SWEAR
IT IS REAL

Pilgrim:
like when my sister woke up when she was 16 and thought she was pregnant for like 3 hours

10:24am
Yog:
NO
IT IS REAL

Pilgrim:
and wondering why she didn't remember having had sex before

Yog:
haaahahhaha

Pilgrim:
I think the caps lock on your computer proves that you're a bit off your rocker still and in dream land

Yog:
No~
It is true
It is true!!!
It HAS to be true!

10:25am
Pilgrim:
you're only proving my point

Yog:
It wasn't even in my dream!
It is real!
I promise!

Pilgrim:
keep telling yourself that, hun
but for now I need to get to class.

10:26am
Yog:
okay
fine
leave me
in confused misery

Pilgrim:
COME BACK TO REAL LIFE
see ya

Yog:
bye!

1:09pm
Yog:
the more I think about this
the more it seems like it really was a real thing
but at the same time
why do I not remember the website name?
this is making 3% sense and 97% nonsense.
I'm still pretty sure that it really was a thing, but what WAS it????
Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

S.A.M. wrote:As for Pilgrim doubting your sanity, see this from board question 66069.
Come on guys, it's almost to 100 views on YouTube. We can make this happen!!!!!???
Yog in Neverland
Board Writer

Pilgrim wrote:The following has been copied and pasted from my chat history, without Yog's permission.
Pilgrim. What have you done. The sacred code of the brotherhood. It is lying on the floor, in pieces.
Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

Yog in Neverland wrote: Pilgrim. What have you done. The sacred code of the brotherhood. It is lying on the floor, in pieces.
I'm just as bad as Facebook.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Hee. My old roommate, Genuine's little sister, had some great sleep confusion.

One night, after having been asleep 2 or 3 hours already, she told me that she couldn't sleep. "I have hotfoot. I'm a Hotfoot Duck!" When I asked her what that was, she said "oh, you know, like Darkwing Duck. But with hotfoot!" I accused her of being still asleep, she said she wasn't, and I told her the fact that she thought that "Hotfoot Duck" was a hilarious joke proved she wasn't firing on all cylinders. Still trying to prove how awake she was, she indignantly replied "it's not a joke! It's a social commentary!"

Other gems include the time she woke up to say "nudity?" And then realizing she'd said it out of nowhere, tried to justify herself with ". . . is that what was just said?" No, it was not. It has been dead silent in this room for hours.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Wait, GA, you wouldn't happen to have a non-anonymous blog about you and your husband sleeping, would you?
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

UffishThought wrote:Hee. My old roommate, Genuine's little sister, had some great sleep confusion.

One night, after having been asleep 2 or 3 hours already, she told me that she couldn't sleep. "I have hotfoot. I'm a Hotfoot Duck!" When I asked her what that was, she said "oh, you know, like Darkwing Duck. But with hotfoot!" I accused her of being still asleep, she said she wasn't, and I told her the fact that she thought that "Hotfoot Duck" was a hilarious joke proved she wasn't firing on all cylinders. Still trying to prove how awake she was, she indignantly replied "it's not a joke! It's a social commentary!"

Other gems include the time she woke up to say "nudity?" And then realizing she'd said it out of nowhere, tried to justify herself with ". . . is that what was just said?" No, it was not. It has been dead silent in this room for hours.
This had me in stitches, especially the social commentary bit.
Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Wait, GA, you wouldn't happen to have a non-anonymous blog about you and your husband sleeping, would you?
Yup, that's us. We haven't posted on it in forever, partly because I keep forgetting to write down our funny conversations, but then also because they wouldn't make sense to anyone else, or they'd be hard to explain without making one or both of sound like terrible people. We had this hilarious exchange a few weeks ago that revolved around getting hit in the face, which out of context just sounded abusive, so I didn't know how to write it up, and now I've mostly forgotten what it was.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Genuine Article wrote:
UffishThought wrote:Hee. My old roommate, Genuine's little sister, had some great sleep confusion.

This had me in stitches, especially the social commentary bit.
Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Wait, GA, you wouldn't happen to have a non-anonymous blog about you and your husband sleeping, would you?
Yup, that's us. We haven't posted on it in forever, partly because I keep forgetting to write down our funny conversations, but then also because they wouldn't make sense to anyone else, or they'd be hard to explain without making one or both of sound like terrible people. We had this hilarious exchange a few weeks ago that revolved around getting hit in the face, which out of context just sounded abusive, so I didn't know how to write it up, and now I've mostly forgotten what it was.
Oh hey, I know who you are, GA. Your blog showed up on my recommended feeds on google reader once...
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

Emiliana wrote:Oh hey, I know who you are, GA. Your blog showed up on my recommended feeds on google reader once...
Cool! If you have a blog you should definitely let me know. You too Gio.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Genuine Article wrote:
Emiliana wrote:Oh hey, I know who you are, GA. Your blog showed up on my recommended feeds on google reader once...
Cool! If you have a blog you should definitely let me know. You too Gio.
I used to have a blog, but I havens't updated it since .... August of last year?
Portia

Post by Portia »

I'm SO tired. I walked like five million miles. And I had an epic Utah-style 12-hour date. Is this thread real life??
Portia

Post by Portia »

Oh did I mention the six to ten miles were in a BLIZZARD all day?!