Fun ways to die?

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
krebscout

Fun ways to die?

Post by krebscout »

Okay so this is going to be a really morbid post. I just recently learned about a concept piece called the Euthanasia Coaster (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euthanasia_Coaster ...for those who don't want to click over, it's a roller coaster design that's supposed to kill its passengers... "with elegance and euphoria"), and this idea fits so perfectly with a story idea I've been tossing around for a while. But I was wondering if anyone else could come up with "fun" ways to die? Like, overdose on morphine? Eat candy bars until you die? What do you think?
Giovanni Schwartz

Re: Fun ways to die?

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Remember the "wee for a Wii" storyline from a couple years back? Yeah. That.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

I read that story among the several "crazy ways to die" posts I found while searching for "fun ways to die." She died from drinking too much water. That's not exactly...fun. Even if it is for a free Wii.

I'm trying to think of something that would actually produce a pleasant death experience. And I'm having a hard time thinking of anything but drugs, and I don't even know a lot about drugs.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

I've always thought that if there was a zombie apocalypse, I would like to find a bottle of morphine and overdose on it because at least I would feel really good before I lost consciousness and stopped breathing.

And I've also always thought that if I knew the day I was going to die, I would find some incredibly awesome stunt to do that was not survivable. I'm not sure what exactly, but one possibility that has always intrigued me would be taking off my space helmet while floating around in space.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

I thought about space, too, but I'm thinking it would be really painful and cold. Although that doesn't completely dull the appeal.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

I'm thinking tall, tall cliff. The fall has to be pretty exhilirating, and the splat would be so quick it should be painless.

Or how about death by snu snu?
Deus ab veritas
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

Yeah, I've always thought a heroin overdose wouldn't be a bad way to die. Euphoria, nod off, you're done. Or you could get good and drunk and then pop a couple of opioid pain killers for good measure. Being drunk can be fun, and then you just die in your sleep when your breathing slows enough. I wouldn't want to die of any other overdose, but opiates don't seem too bad, as long as you don't super overdo it.

Ditto to the tall cliff. I'm flyyyyyyying!

The guy who died on New Years 2000 on the Strip seemed like he was having a good time, until he was electrocuted by falling on that power line, which was probably quick. He was also super inebriated, so, you know. Drugs.
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

I just want to make sure you've all seen "Dumb Ways to Die," which features animated jelly beans dying in stupid ways. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJNR2EpS0jw
Portia

Post by Portia »

This reminds me of Ryan North and David Malki's Machine of Death.
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

I have read that book.