winter storm gandalf

Your chance to pontificate on the subject of your choice. (Please keep it PG-rated.)
C is for
um Administrator

winter storm gandalf

Post by C is for »

I saw that our snowstorm has a name, and I think it's stupid.

Thoughts?

Also, do you guys remember when we would get those spam topics that would put a bunch of unrelated words together as the title? I almost feel like a spambot right now. They never capitalized.
Giovanni Schwartz

Re: winter storm gandalf

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

BAN HER.

Arizona (as I may or may not have mentioned twice already on this forum. I can't remember.) is set to have the coldest streak in 25 years -- 4 consecutive days with a low below freezing. Brrr.....
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

It's gandolf, I believe, which is even worse.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Defy V wrote:It's gandolf, I believe, which is even worse.
oh, I guess the article I saw and did not click on had the name spelled wrong. I obviously have not researched this at all.
Defy V

Post by Defy V »

As an aside, if you rearrange the letters in "Gandolf" you get "fog land," and indeed areas well south and east of Gandolf's track may be a "fog land" with unusually warm, moist air streaming north into the eastern U.S. over relatively cold ground, leading to widespread fog and low cloud cover.
TheAnswerIs42

Post by TheAnswerIs42 »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:BAN HER.

Arizona (as I may or may not have mentioned twice already on this forum. I can't remember.) is set to have the coldest streak in 25 years -- 4 consecutive days with a low below freezing. Brrr.....
We're in Vegas visiting family while my husband is at CES. Instead of the usual warm respite, this year it is below freezing outside. In VEGAS. Grr. At least we skipped the snow, I guess.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I've been reading that CES is pretty lame this year. Although I did sign up for a Pebble Watch. We'll see if I ever get it.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

My work closes in 10 minutes, which I found out as I was going down to buy lunch. So I'm eating lunch even though in only an hour I could've gotten home and eaten the food at home! Oh well.

I'm going to assume the work closure is divinely inspired and I should follow it and not just stay at work all day. (Not because I love work, but if I go home I have to, like, do things.)