Question I almost asked:

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Giovanni Schwartz

Question I almost asked:

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Should I worry about toilet seat covers? Turns out, Cracked said no. And provided some solid reasoning. Except I don't have a link (I think it was 5 products that are going to be proved bunk in 2011). So now I no longer will worry about a lack of toilet seat covers in public restrooms.
mic0

Re: Question I almost asked:

Post by mic0 »

Do you mean those little paper thingies that you stick on top of the toilet seat?
Giovanni Schwartz

Yep. They always seemed pointless, because half the time they fall off before I sit down, and the other half of the time, they half fall off as I sit down anyways.
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

I prefer to use the triangle-point toilet paper method my father taught me.

Also, I always need to cover the autoflush by draping some toilet paper over it, because any attempt at sanitation is futile if the toilet splash gets you while you're sitting down.
Talons

Post by Talons »

So we shouldn't use them? Even if someone had an accident on the seat and then just hastily wiped away the evidence without sanitizing it?
Giovanni Schwartz

The gist of the Cracked article was "Do you have giant open sores on your butt that will get infected by it? Are you planning on camping out? Are you planning on showering in the next 24 hours?" etc. etc. So, use discretion, but don't worry about it too much (granted, I still pick the cleanest toilet at the most out of the way restroom, but... Also, do you have younger siblings? Or older ones? I promise there is/has been pee on your home toilet seat)
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

I always line public toilet seats with copious amounts of toilet paper. I think that has to do something to protect myself from the vast array of germs on the oval office/loo/porcelain express