Linguistics

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Giovanni Schwartz

Re: Linguistics

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

yayfulness wrote:[awkward internet moment]Tally = female.[/awkward internet moment]

Seriously. I mean, that's definitely actually her in her avatar, right? And she's OBVIOUSLY a girl in it. [/sarcasm]
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

Zedability wrote:I'm just going to say I knew who Tally M. was long before the rest of the writers :P And I'm not going to tell you how I found out, either :P
I knew who Tally M. was before she was Tally M.

/hipsterfulness
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

yayfulness wrote:[awkward internet moment]Tally = female.[/awkward internet moment]
:shock:

Oh, hey. Mems when we thought yayfulness was a girl? And bob was a boy? No big deal. :D
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

Haha, yeah, that was the first thing that came to mind.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Katya wrote:
:shock:

Oh, hey. Mems when we thought yayfulness was a girl? And bob was a boy? No big deal. :D
Uffish just clearly takes the crown on keeping her gender ambiguous.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Hehe.

I hadn't even revealed it when I first met Katya at a Board party. She and Melyngoch were there and trying to guess who I was, and they'd narrowed it down to Uffish or Leibniz, and I remember being a little sad because they'd figured it out and knew for sure that Uffish was a female nym.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

UffishThought wrote:Hehe.

I hadn't even revealed it when I first met Katya at a Board party. She and Melyngoch were there and trying to guess who I was, and they'd narrowed it down to Uffish or Leibniz, and I remember being a little sad because they'd figured it out and knew for sure that Uffish was a female nym.
:lol: I forgot about that! And we made you stand up because somehow we knew that Leibniz was really tall.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Zedability wrote:I'm just going to say I knew who Tally M. was long before the rest of the writers :P And I'm not going to tell you how I found out, either :P
Pretty sure I know why :)

Well, that was an interesting conversation I missed. Yes, I'm female. Though, I'm surprised I was able to pass for a male. I'm curious how you concluded that, Uffish.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Tally M. wrote:
Pretty sure I know why :)

Well, that was an interesting conversation I missed. Yes, I'm female. Though, I'm surprised I was able to pass for a male. I'm curious how you concluded that, Uffish.
Pretty sure you don't =P
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Fine =P I have a hypothesis why you would know. Actually, I have a few hypotheses...
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Tally M. wrote:Well, that was an interesting conversation I missed. Yes, I'm female. Though, I'm surprised I was able to pass for a male. I'm curious how you concluded that, Uffish.
It was more that I have a hard time keeping track of 'nyms for people I don't know very well personally, so I haven't been keeping mental track of gender clues. And Tally reminded me of the band Tally Hall, which is largely if not entirely male, I think. I knew that didn't mean anything, and I could be wrong, but I was too lazy to go back and try to figure it out from past posts, too tired of "werf," and I figured I had about a 50/50 chance to get it right. Now I know better.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

UffishThought wrote:
Tally M. wrote:Well, that was an interesting conversation I missed. Yes, I'm female. Though, I'm surprised I was able to pass for a male. I'm curious how you concluded that, Uffish.
It was more that I have a hard time keeping track of 'nyms for people I don't know very well personally, so I haven't been keeping mental track of gender clues. And Tally reminded me of the band Tally Hall, which is largely if not entirely male, I think. I knew that didn't mean anything, and I could be wrong, but I was too lazy to go back and try to figure it out from past posts, too tired of "werf," and I figured I had about a 50/50 chance to get it right. Now I know better.
That's better than me. I assume every new member is a girl until proven otherwise.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
yayfulness
Board Writer

Post by yayfulness »

That's actually valid most of the time, I think.
Giovanni Schwartz

Hence the poll!
Digit

Post by Digit »

Pat on SNL :lol:
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Well, just to be clear because i'm a newbie, I'm female.
Giovanni Schwartz

I thought you were the dog from Up?
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

squirrel wrote:Well, just to be clear because i'm a newbie, I'm female.
I thought so, but then started second-guessing myself because of this thread! Glad to know I was right all along. :)
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:I thought you were the dog from Up?
No, she's the squirrel from Up.
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Haha! Maybe I should change my icon. My sister always says that I'm like Hammy from Over the Hedge. Hammy's also a boy, but at least it's a squirrel this time :-) Suggestions welcome!