hmmm?

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Squirrel
Board Writer

hmmm?

Post by Squirrel »

Okay- You guys know that i'm really bad at recognizing typed sarcasm, so please be nice, or include a sarcasm hash-tag for my benefit.

I saw question 62410 on the Board while surfing the Archives. This is what really interested me:

"I will say that there is a hollowed-out book owned by the Board that is hidden somewhere in the library.

Love from

Queen Alice"

So- was she just enjoying the rumor, or is it real? And why would they have the book if not to have any sort of scavenger hunt to find it?
Zedability

Re: hmmm?

Post by Zedability »

Yes, there is a hollowed-out book. The writer application used to be a lot more...exciting...
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

So are current Writers allowed to go through the old application process, just for kicks? -- I mean the scavenger hunt part to find the book.---I'm assuming it's some sort of scavenger hunt...
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

I think the book is owned by one of the Board writers, it might not actually be IN the library. I'm not sure.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

There still is a hollowed out book in the library. Whether or not it's actually connected to the Board...

But it's great. :D You should go find it.
Gimgimno
Cotton-headed Ninny-muggins

Post by Gimgimno »

We have three books, one of which resides with a writer. Two of them are still placed in the library.

As was noted in this question (http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/62663/), the main book that most people are referring to is not on the third floor. It's in an accessible part of the library at eye level or above.

Back when readership was smaller and most Board writers lived in Provo, it was a little easier to draw out the application process and make it fun. With several apps coming in every month, though, it's prohibitive to try and keep up with all of that. It's kind of a shame, because there are secret rooms in the library and plenty of books to hollow out and hide if we had time, but there really isn't any, not to mention the difficulty to standardize an application like that.

But yes, there is a hollowed-out book in the library with a flash drive in it that contains the Board application about 6-8 changes ago.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I want to go on a hunt for the Board related ones now...
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I made one of them :-)
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Quick question: whose eye level?
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Mine.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Alright, better question: what height constitutes eye level?
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Either Uffish is really tall or really short. I can't remember which.

Either that, or I'm really mistaken.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

Why don't you look at everything your height and above, and then if you don't find it, start looking lower?
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I'm short, so...it's probably not going to be below where I'm looking. Seems like an awful lot of books to look through though...
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

You guys are all jerks. Jerks I say!
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Tally M. wrote:There still is a hollowed out book in the library. Whether or not it's actually connected to the Board...

But it's great. :D You should go find it.
Okay...... What's going on here......? :-( #howtotrustpeopleyouthoughtwerefriendsandnowCraigisgoingonmyfriendslistanddoyouhappentobesingle?becauseifyouaresingle,thisismeofficiallyaskingyouonadate
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I can vouch that he's single.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Whoa, wait a second here. He already volunteered as my tribute.

And to get back on topic, I remember the BYU Weekly video where they showed us the hollowed-out book with the flash drive inside. That pleasantly surprised me because I thought they just emailed you the application. I personally think that electronically sending the application is sufficient, but it does take some of the cloak-and-dagger out of it.

But it kind of seems like the Board in general is less cloak-and-dagger than it was.
Zedability

Post by Zedability »

I was in Canada when they emailed me my application, so I'm glad it's online now =P
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:I can vouch that he's single.
Just to let you know, if you ever come up to Provo, you can have that date you asked for, but I'm still going to go on that date with Craig, if he wants it...