Getting out of a hug

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Re: Getting out of a hug

Post by Marduk »

UffishThought wrote:MORE TOUCHING!
I say this all the time. People in general are too physically closed off. Especially white people.
Deus ab veritas
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Marduk wrote:
I say this all the time. People in general are too physically closed off. Especially white people.
Aww, Ducky. Craig /does/ have a right to have his own love languages, even if it /does/ sound odd to the rest of us touchy people. It's crazy, yes, but I can respect crazy, seeing as I'm made of it :-)
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Squirrel, you're great. :D Marduk, whatever. :P
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Marduk wrote:
I was actually thinking Arrested Development, though I may have misquoted since it's been a few years.

And I'm some odd brand of in-between on touchiness. Among people I'm very comfortable with I'm very touchy. Arms around, legs across, nose boops, butt smacks, whatever. But those are the almost-family people. Sometimes I'm really anti-touchy with people I don't know or like as well.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

UffishThought wrote:
Marduk wrote:
I was actually thinking Arrested Development, though I may have misquoted since it's been a few years.

And I'm some odd brand of in-between on touchiness. Among people I'm very comfortable with I'm very touchy. Arms around, legs across, nose boops, butt smacks, whatever. But those are the almost-family people. Sometimes I'm really anti-touchy with people I don't know or like as well.
Cultural differences, Marduk, cultural differences...

I'm kind of like that too, Uffish. I'm picky about who I let touch me.
Craig Jessop
Pulchritudinous

Post by Craig Jessop »

UffishThought wrote:
Yeah, that's what I was going for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LEJ6tZI7_k

Touching is weird. I don't like being touched. By anybody, man or woman. People rave about cuddling? I have never understood why. It's sweaty and gross and no matter how hard you try you can't get comfortable. You people are freaks.

Kissing is okay, though. I'm definitely okay with kissing.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Craig Jessop, I'm not implying that your words make me think of autism per se, but they did remind me of Temple Grandin's feelings toward physical contact.
She has noted in her autobiographical works that autism affects every aspect of her life. She has to wear comfortable clothes to counteract her sensory integration dysfunction and has structured her lifestyle to avoid sensory overload. She regularly takes anti-depressants, but no longer uses a squeeze-box (hug machine), a device which she invented at the age of 18 as a form of stress relief therapy, stating in February 2010 that: “It broke two years ago, and I never got around to fixing it. I'm into hugging people now.”
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Craig Jessop wrote:Touching is weird. I don't like being touched. By anybody, man or woman. People rave about cuddling? I have never understood why. It's sweaty and gross and no matter how hard you try you can't get comfortable. You people are freaks.
This is why I am not dating you.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:
Craig Jessop wrote:Touching is weird. I don't like being touched. By anybody, man or woman. People rave about cuddling? I have never understood why. It's sweaty and gross and no matter how hard you try you can't get comfortable. You people are freaks.
This is why I am not dating you.
Or me.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

Marduk wrote:

I have noticed white people are like this too!! But mostly Northerners. White folks from South Texas are basically Hispanic (being minorities and all), so they're huggy and adopt friends as family. My good friend actually broke up with a guy because he thought it was weird that she helped out her godson financially and treated him like a son. WHITE PEOPLE, MAN!!!!

My friends and I even play a game called "side boob" that is THE most hilarious game ever. You catch someone unawares, rub their side boob area (on men it would be pectoral area), and say "SIDE BOOB!" Love that game! And hugs!

And cuddling is awesome, Craig. You're obviously not doing it right. Are you really gangly? I've noticed it's harder for gangly people to cuddle.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Imogen wrote:WHITE PEOPLE, MAN!!!!
I know, right? Wait . . .
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

It is always a little sad to me that Imogen and I are the extent of what passes for color on this board.
Deus ab veritas
krebscout

Post by krebscout »

I'm like 3/64ths Cheerokee.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

And I'm about 1/64 Cherokee!

Also Marx is black on the inside, so someday I might have half-inwardly-black babies?
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

krebscout wrote:I'm like 3/64ths Cheerokee.
Emiliana wrote:And I'm about 1/64 Cherokee!
Hey! That's awesome! I'm 1/32. We have a connection! Let's all hold hands and do a dance! And then eat potato chips. and then ice cream. and then OJ with ginger ale in it. and then tater tots. and then let's go outside and collect leaves. and then make concrete leaf patterned footpath stones. and then come back and watch either the Bob Newhart show, M*A*S*H, or Hogan's Heroes. you two can choose. :D