iPod suggestions

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

iPod suggestions

Post by Katya »

I fear the time has come for me to cave in and buy an i-Device, because I think I would be happier at work if I had an iPod. So, which kind should I buy? I definitely want one that will let me select which podcast or song list to listen to, so I want something with a menu screen, but I don't know what else I should consider. (And yes, I know that there are other MP3 players out there, but since I already use iTunes, it seems like an iPod would be the easiest way to go.)
Tally M.

Re: iPod suggestions

Post by Tally M. »

I personally bought an iPod nano 5th generation like four or five years ago because I was fed up with the refurb ones my parents bought me breaking all of the time. Best investment of $200 ever. (Kidding.) I don't know if you can still find them, but it's probably the best generation of the nano in my opinion.
Laser Jock
Tech Admin

Re: iPod suggestions

Post by Laser Jock »

Are you at all interested in an iPod Touch? If all you want is to play back podcasts and music it would be overkill, but they're pretty versatile, so if you'd like being able to quick check a website (within WiFi range), play games, or use any of the plethora of apps, you might want to consider one. And in general I'd suggest taking a look at Apple's refurbished deals, as a way to save some money but still get a like-new device with a warranty.