#72890 - Loved and Lost

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Tally M.

#72890 - Loved and Lost

Post by Tally M. »

Board Question #72890

Relationships can hurt. However, when it comes down to it, I think I'd end up going through them again. Each time I learned new things about myself and how to deal with similar situations. Even though my last relationship was complicated, I wouldn't give up the lessons I learned, especially because they'll help me in the future.
SmurfBlueSnuggie

Re: #72890 - Loved and Lost

Post by SmurfBlueSnuggie »

And, while every break up is bad, the first one can seem the most insurmountable. You don't have any experience to draw on regarding how you move on. After this, if you have to go through another break up, you'll have the confidence that you can be better and things will become happy again.

My most recent break up in some ways is the hardest I've experienced, but only in my first relationship did I ever really think it would have been better to never date him at all, and I was wrong. He and I taught each other so much and we are still good friends.

Never regret: it's not worth it. What you learn from hard and sad things is worth more than the time you spend kicking yourself. And in relationships, the happiness you had is enough to overcome the hurt you have now.
It doesn't matter what happened to get you to today, beyond shaping your understanding. What really matters is where you go from here.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Yeah, I don't have too many regrets about past loves. If for no other reason, regretting the past makes you reluctant to move on to a relationship that might actually last.

Also -- not that I'm recommending rebounding -- but sometimes you don't fully get over one relationship until you get into another one. Such is life.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Eh, there are definitely relationships I could have done without.
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

Learning how to get closer to someone and communicate with them is what makes me happy that I had my first romantic relationship. It was a weird little thing that went on for far too long, and after the break up was it super awkward for several months (at least, it was for me) since I would see the guy pretty often, but at least I learned stuff! I'm friends with the guy now, and I realized that I missed talking to him a lot, but I didn't really miss being all romantical with him.
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce