teens v. babies

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Portia

teens v. babies

Post by Portia »

All the answers which were given about EFY kids sum up my feelings about babies. They're smelly. They're messy. They're loud. They draw attention to themselves. It's like my least favorite thing about Utah County: you can't go anywhere without a mewling infant brigade. So, so weird to have babies on a college campus.

Teenagers, on the other hand, are potty-trained, can learn calculus, and are hilarious even when they're being ridiculous. If someone wants to gift me one, I'll take it.
Talons

Re: teens v. babies

Post by Talons »

If I had a teenager I'd let you borrow her if you promised to teach her calculus. Or even if you didn't because you seem like the kind of person who would do well with teenagers.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Talons wrote:If I had a teenager I'd let you borrow her if you promised to teach her calculus. Or even if you didn't because you seem like the kind of person who would do well with teenagers.
Thank you! I really do ... Most my jobs have involved working with them. I love it.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

if you look up "wednesday's child ksl" you will find a bunch of teenagers just waiting to be adopted!
Portia

Post by Portia »

Whistler wrote:if you look up "wednesday's child ksl" you will find a bunch of teenagers just waiting to be adopted!
Awwwww, that's awesome. I would definitely do it, if I weren't only 25 and starting my first job. In 5 to 10 years though ...
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

I've known so many parents who couldn't wait to get their kids to learn to walk and to get them potty trained. Those same parents would give a lot when their children were teenagers to have them back in the baby stage. Much easier to deal with. Often much more loveable and cute when babies.

For the record my kids were perfect at both ages. And they still are perfect. Or, nearly so.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

When I was planning to be a teacher I specifically wanted to work with high school students. I knew that a lot of them would be difficult to work with, but the idea of working with kids who are starting to become small adults was exciting to me.

In looking forward to future parenting, though, I'm excited for every single stage. They each have their difficulties and benefits.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.