Civ V game time:

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Giovanni Schwartz

Civ V game time:

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

alright, everyone post your availability for a game (or weekly night) of Civ V:

Monday: 8:45 PM-1:00 AM
Tuesday: 10:00 PM - 1:00 AM (for next week.) 4:00 PM - 7:30 PM and 10:00 PM - 1:00 AM for August.
Wednesday: 8:45 PM - 1:00 AM
Thursday: 4:00 PM - 1:00 AM
Friday: 4:00 PM - 1:00 AM
Saturday: Whenever (usually.)
Sunday: Maybe 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM? And then 10:00 PM to 1:00 AM

That's my schedule for most of August. Of course, that will change in September. But that's a few weeks out.
Whistler

Re: Civ V game time:

Post by Whistler »

Anytime except Tuesday from 6-8pm.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

For the next few weeks, anyway, Marx is free weekends and weekdays after .... 4? I'm assuming y'all are using Mountain Time?
mic0

Post by mic0 »

This thread got me so excited, I just played my first "scenario" on Civ V. :D Annnnyway, Monday, Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday are best for me.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Emiliana wrote:I'm assuming y'all are using Mountain Time?
Isn't Gio in Arizona? If so, he's on MST, not MDT.
Giovanni Schwartz

S'all good. I posted in Utah time.

Also, I kind of quit my swimming lessons job for August. That means that I'm good after about 3:45 or 4:00 any day Monday through Friday (except for what I said about Tuesdays. That couple hours is still busy), as well as Saturdays and Sundays until school starts on the 24th.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Marduk and I have the same schedule. Currently we're free any weeknight by about 6.

When school starts (Aug. 26) we'll be at UVU until 7 on Mondays and Wednesdays, so couldn't get to the computer until about 8 or 8:30. Tuesdays and Thursdays I think we're fine at about 6?

I will always need to be wrapping up at midnight or so for the sleeping. Also, Sundays and Saturdays are currently booked.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

Marx keeps asking me if there's a definite time for this? I think he friend-requested all of you (or whatever you call it on Steam) -- his name starts with "grim."
Giovanni Schwartz

I nominate not tomorrow night... Because I have an orchestra rehearsal until 8:30 my time, which would put start time for y'all at like 9:45-10:00ish. No good, I assume.

I would nominate today, but I don't know if we'll get everyone on board fast enough.

Or Wednesday, but then Mico might not make it.

And Thursday-Saturday, I'm going to the beach.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I'll make myself make it!
Giovanni Schwartz

Alright, then an official declaration:

Game time is Wednesday, July 31, 2013. Start time is 8:45 PM Utah time. We will be playing Civilization V via Steam.

Players:

Giovanni Schwartz
Mico
Marx
bobtheenchantedone
Marduk
Whistler

Did I forget anyone? Also, someone notify bob and Marduk somewhere besides here so they know for sure.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I can't make it because of family reunion thing this week and organ workshop next week (guess I should have mentioned that in my availability, dur). But I'm kind of civved out anyway, so have fun!
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Marduk and I know! Does everyone have G&K, or will we be playing regular Civ? Who's hosting?

Also just to warn everyone I'm having some lag issues with Civ. I'm working on fixing them right now, but some of the fixing may require purchasing computer parts that will not be installed by Wednesday.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Emiliana

Post by Emiliana »

Marx is in! He has G&K and is super excited.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Who is hosting? I assumed GS, but I can if needs be. Also, do we want to all play on the same difficulty level or just be random and see what happens? I usually play Prince or King.
Giovanni Schwartz

What does hosting even entail? I.E. Will it make my computer run more slowly? Because if it will, then someone else should host. If not, then I can host no problemo. (I'm not sure how it works at all... Maybe I should work it out before I do anything.)
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Okay, well I've hosted before, so I can just do it. :) It just involves setting up the game beforehand and then inviting everyone. I have pretty good internet so I think it should be fine. I'll make a game ~8:40 and invite everyone as I see you online. Y'all will get a message like "Lexish has invited you to join a game." Click where it says to click, and you'll be invited. You should open up Civ before the invite to make it load faster, though it isn't a huge deal; as long as you are on Steam I can invite you.
Giovanni Schwartz

Awesome. You're the greatest.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

:3
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Anyone have a VoIP server we could use? I know Steam has one built in, but I'm not a huge fan of it...
Deus ab veritas