getting off a website

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Portia

getting off a website

Post by Portia »

My full name is unusual, and these "lovely" people have put my cell number, permanent address, full name, political party, and DOB for all to see.

What recourse do I have? What should I do?
Whistler

Re: getting off a website

Post by Whistler »

ugh, they have your cell number? Also, I should never have registered to vote. This is stupid. It looks like from that link you can send in a request via snail mail to have your name removed?
Portia

Post by Portia »

Yes, my cell number is my only number.

Looked up my dad and one of my exes for reference. They have their DOB and address but not phone.
UnluckyStuntman

Post by UnluckyStuntman »

Oh gross, I'm on there too. And so is my cellphone number. (I'm not even a Utah voter anymore!) Thanks for posting about it, Portia. Their removal policy explanation makes whoever runs this site sound kind of crazy...
UnluckyStuntman

Post by UnluckyStuntman »

Whistler wrote:ugh, they have your cell number? Also, I should never have registered to vote. This is stupid. It looks like from that link you can send in a request via snail mail to have your name removed?
It specifies the request must be notarized (ridiculous) and they've only granted eleven removals (see here: http://utvoters.com/utah-requested.html)