Halloween Costumes

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Giovanni Schwartz

Halloween Costumes

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Two things:

What are you going as for Halloween?

What are the best SUPER easy Halloween costumes you've seen?

1) See below

2) I'm probably going to print a piece of paper that says "404: Costume not found" and pin it to myself. If I do anything at all, that is.
Tally M.

Re: Halloween Costumes

Post by Tally M. »

I'm two different things this year for Halloween: The Tenth Doctor (female version) tonight for a Doctor Who party, and Vin from Mistborn.

also, there's a question that'll be leaving the inbox soon that'll answer question 2
Portia

Post by Portia »

Evelyn Brent from Trapped by the Mormons, but I don't think anyone will get it.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Portia wrote:Evelyn Brent from Trapped by the Mormons, but I don't think anyone will get it.
My coworker would. He loves that film.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Katya wrote:
Portia wrote:Evelyn Brent from Trapped by the Mormons, but I don't think anyone will get it.
:D
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Portia wrote:
Katya wrote:
:D
(And I mean "loves" as in "he's quoted on the DVD case." :D )
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Tally M. wrote:The Tenth Doctor (female version) tonight for a Doctor Who party

!! Pictures? Dang this anonymity.
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

My daughter is going to be Tinkerbell. We had to make the dress ourselves, though, since Disney doesn't seem to produce a simple green dress for kids. Tinkerbell is not a princess, but boy do they try to make her one!

Anyways, I guess I'll get the old pirate costume out and be Capt. Hook.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

UffishThought wrote:

I can PM you one.
C is for
um Administrator

Post by C is for »

Ugh I JUST read the answer for super easy costumes and thought "Oh there is also this one" but I cannot remember my brilliant idea. It would've been super easy whatever it was.

Last night I decided that I'm going as Truly Scrumptious. I borrowed the dress a couple weeks ago and couldn't decide which character to be, but since it's going to be cold on Tuesday and I'll want a jacket, my long "duster" will work great to make me resemble an early female motorist. The activity is a trunk-or-treat but I don't feel like decorating my car, even though a car is a big part of Truly's story. I've never even been to a trunk-or-treat, I don't know how people decorate their cars or WHY.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Random keeps trying to find the best costume theme for me, her, and Marduk. She keeps coming up with trios that are two guys and a girl, necessitating one of us to play a guy. We will eventually do at least Nightmare Before Christmas, though: I'll be Sally, Marduk Oogie Boogie, and Random will be Jack.

This year she's trying to pull together a Scootaloo costume. Marduk wants to be Rasputin. I... don't care.

My easy costume fall-back is to just pull some garb out of the closet, but I suppose most people don't have entire medieval outfits hanging around.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Giovanni Schwartz

Another option: Cereal killer. Stick a knife through a box of cereal and walk around with it.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

Tally M. wrote:
UffishThought wrote:

I can PM you one.
Yes please.
thatonemom

Post by thatonemom »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:Random keeps trying to find the best costume theme for me, her, and Marduk. She keeps coming up with trios that are two guys and a girl, necessitating one of us to play a guy. We will eventually do at least Nightmare Before Christmas, though: I'll be Sally, Marduk Oogie Boogie, and Random will be Jack.
You could both be guys and have Marduk be the girl, in keeping with his feelings about pants... :)

I was a cat because it was 10 minutes before the trunk or treat and I hadn't come up with a costume. My husband was "high school hero," which was basically a big wig and a basketball jersey, athletic shorts, and soccer socks. I don't think anyone got it. But, easy costume anyway.

At our trunk or treat some people went all out with lights and scary music and hiding in their trunk to scare kids. But most people didn't do anything.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Another option: Cereal killer. Stick a knife through a box of cereal and walk around with it.
nice :-D
mic0

Post by mic0 »

My husband and I were wugs. I had a poster board with a wug drawn on it that said "This is a wug." And he has one with a wug that said "Now there's another one." It was for a halloween party made up mostly of linguistics grad students, so it was a big hit. :) Also, I added little eyelashes to my wug so I could say I was a "sexy" wug.

Giovanni Schwartz

Another option: Go as yourself and say "I'm Mystique from X-Men."

People would say "Isn't she a blue girl?"

I'd say "SHE'S A SHAPESHIFTER. SHE CAN BE ANYTHING SHE WANTS."
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Another option: Cereal killer. Stick a knife through a box of cereal and walk around with it.
I did this one year in high school and thought I was very clever. I also wore a bathrobe. And it was a small box of cereal that I hung around my neck with a ribbon. And it wasn't a knife, it was a spoon.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Another option: Go as yourself and say "I'm Mystique from X-Men."

People would say "Isn't she a blue girl?"

I'd say "SHE'S A SHAPESHIFTER. SHE CAN BE ANYTHING SHE WANTS."
Oh! Maybe I should go as [name redacted because of Spoilers] using that same logic. That will only be gotten by Brandon Sanderson YA fans... Except it's a spoiler... so maybe I shouldn't.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I should say, from Steelheart.