Halloween Costumes

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Giovanni Schwartz

Re: Halloween Costumes

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I read that book like two weeks ago. But I forgot her name anyways.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

You guys. So far about ten people have mentioned understanding my costume. In other news, Mistcloaks are terribly problematic. I can't imagine jumping around in one. Maybe the mist would help me =P
Portia

Post by Portia »

Ten being high or low? For the record, I don't get it either, but I gather the Doctor is some kind of time traveling alien who can take whatever form pleases werf, but so far has opted for white/male privilege, is possibly a doctor of philosophy, not medicine, because werf finds "Dr." offensive.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Portia wrote:Ten being high or low? For the record, I don't get it either, but I gather the Doctor is some kind of time traveling alien who can take whatever form pleases werf, but so far has opted for white/male privilege, is possibly a doctor of philosophy, not medicine, because werf finds "Dr." offensive.
Low-ish. And this was for my Vin costume. Speaking of which. I still definitely feel like I'm wearing my mistcloak. I keep trying to push my non-existent hood off.

His name is "Doctor," thus why it's not supposed to be abbreviated.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Speaking of, just noticed your freaky avatar. Is that what werf looks like sans human form? <shudder>
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Ah, no. It's a reference to my 'nym. The Doctor is actually in Time Lord form. Which happens to look human. Or humans happen to look Time-Lord...
Portia

Post by Portia »

I assumed it was short for tally mark.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

The Silence have a lot to do with those.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

The short version: her picture is of a race of aliens called "the Silence." As soon as you look away, you forget that you've seen them, so the Doctor and his friends eventually start keeping tally marks on their bodies, one mark for each time seeing them, so that when they see a mirror and see the marks, they'll realize something's going on. There's a great bit from the point of view of the non-aliens, where everything seems normal, and then the girl passes a window or mirror or something and we see as she does that she has dozens and dozens of tally marks that she didn't have at the beginning of the scene. Dun dun dunnnnn!
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

The one in the orphanage or whatever, where Amy keeps running back and forth across the room? And then screams and then... I can't remember what happens next. I just remember being impressed with how they pulled it off.
vorpal blade

Post by vorpal blade »

One of the first kids to come Trick or Treating to my door was dressed to look like a TARDIS (which if you are not a Doctor Who fan is the Doctor's time machine and spaceship.) Mostly it was a big box painted to look like an English police box. The kid was painted in blueface.
Portia

Post by Portia »

vorpal blade wrote:One of the first kids to come Trick or Treating to my door was dressed to look like a TARDIS (which if you are not a Doctor Who fan is the Doctor's time machine and spaceship.) Mostly it was a big box painted to look like an English police box. The kid was painted in blueface.
Racist! How do you think the Na'vi feel!?
Digit

Post by Digit »

Heidi Klum does oldface. Very realistic.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Genuine Article
Board Writer

Post by Genuine Article »

I was The Ice King and my baby was Lumpy Space Princess. We were greatly admired and given lots of candy.
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

Genuine Article wrote:I was The Ice King and my baby was Lumpy Space Princess. We were greatly admired and given lots of candy.
Awesome! I ended up not finishing my Scootaloo costume, so I was a Jedi Padawan instead, because that happens to be my fallback costume. And now I know how many of my acquaintances are NERDS! :D
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce