Grateful

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Dragon Lady

Grateful

Post by Dragon Lady »

I've noticed that we do a lot of talking about what we don't like here. Especially about the church. But about lots of things, really. I started a grateful tree on my wall yesterday, so it has me in the mood. I know some of you probably hate the whole "list things you're grateful for in the month of November" but I don't care this time. :) I want something positive in here.

I'm grateful for a husband who stayed up with the toddler from 11:30-3:30 because she thought she woke up from a nap and it was time to play and did NOT want to go back to bed. And he did it without complaint so that I could get more sleep so I'd have a greater chance of feeling well today.
vorpal blade

Re: Grateful

Post by vorpal blade »

I'm in excellent health, and I'm very grateful for that. I was going to add more to that, but it sounds like bragging.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I'm really grateful for pizza.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Whistler wrote:I'm really grateful for pizza.

Amen, sista.

I'm grateful for the ability to work quickly and efficiently on homework so I can get it done fast when I finally stop procrastinating.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I'm grateful for amazing friends who see a need and offer to fill it. (I'm looking at you, chilly!) I'll be even more grateful on Monday when my bathrooms are clean for the first time in a month. (Don't judge; I'm pregnant.)
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

I got a longterm sub job doing high school honors English woooooooooooo!
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I'm grateful for my Kindle that came just in time for my laptop being on the fritz.
blpsara

Post by blpsara »

Tally! Love yours. I actually was going to say I'm grateful for ereaders. I love having hundreds of books at my fingertips all the time. And I also love having a library of 6000 ebooks. Love.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Even though I'm on my period, it's not too painful and my head feels mostly okay. (From work nonsense, not so much.)
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I'm grateful for modern medicine.
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

I'm grateful that I don't have classes today. It means I can catch up on homework or (more likely) play around on the internet.
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
thatonemom

Post by thatonemom »

Whistler wrote:I'm grateful for modern medicine.
Me too. I'm grateful for top 8-free foods for my youngest, who has all kinds of food sensitivities. He drinks "medical food." I'm happy it exists.

I'm grateful for books, and libraries full of books. The Provo Library really is has everything. And it's beautiful.

I'm grateful for Hulu, and its 10 second rewind.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Glad my wife's family in the Philippines hasn't been hurt by that horrendous typhoon there.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Digit wrote:Glad my wife's family in the Philippines hasn't been hurt by that horrendous typhoon there.
Is your wife Filipina(-American), or does she just have family there?
Portia

Post by Portia »

Katya wrote:
Digit wrote:Glad my wife's family in the Philippines hasn't been hurt by that horrendous typhoon there.
Is your wife Filipina(-American), or does she just have family there?
I almost asked this word for word. I think he's mentioned the former.
Digit

Post by Digit »

Yes, she's a Filipina born and raised there.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
UffishThought

Post by UffishThought »

My dad just sold three paintings to the go in LDS temples! Two go to Phoenix, one to Payson. And he's finishing up two more that have a good shot at the Payson temple, too. They want him to submit some for the Tijuana temple, too, but he doesn't have reference photos for that, so it may or may not happen. Anyway, his art is beautiful, but marketing has not been his strong suit, so it's great that he's selling several to a client he loves. I'm glad the artist thing is finally starting to work out for him more.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Digit wrote:Yes, she's a Filipina born and raised there.
Well, cool. (And I somehow missed that, if you mentioned it before.)
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

UffishThought wrote:My dad just sold three paintings to the go in LDS temples! Two go to Phoenix, one to Payson. And he's finishing up two more that have a good shot at the Payson temple, too. They want him to submit some for the Tijuana temple, too, but he doesn't have reference photos for that, so it may or may not happen. Anyway, his art is beautiful, but marketing has not been his strong suit, so it's great that he's selling several to a client he loves. I'm glad the artist thing is finally starting to work out for him more.
Congrats to Father Thought!
Last edited by Katya on Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marduk
Most Attractive Mod

Post by Marduk »

Mr. Thought senior, that is. Unless Uffish is getting married. In which case congratulations Uffish!
Deus ab veritas