Grateful

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Re: Grateful

Post by Katya »

Marduk wrote:Mr. Thought senior, that is. Unless Uffish is getting married. In which case congratulations Uffish!
Duly edited for clarity, although are we assuming that Uffish's hypothetical Mr. would be taking her last nym?
Portia

Post by Portia »

Katya wrote:
Marduk wrote:Mr. Thought senior, that is. Unless Uffish is getting married. In which case congratulations Uffish!
Duly edited for clarity, although are we assuming that Uffish's hypothetical Mr. would be taking her last nym?
Well, yeah. Like Mr. Mico.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Portia wrote:
Katya wrote:
Well, yeah. Like Mr. Mico.
Hmm. Good point. We're so progressive!
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Only with our nyms. :P

I'm grateful for my parents, btw. They are great.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

I'm grateful for my students who just got 2nd place at our district's middle school speech tournament AND for the fact that our concession stand raised $1,359!!!!!
beautiful, dirty, rich
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Nice!
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I'm grateful for Yellow basically becoming Mr. Mom lately, but especially yesterday when I got the flu and was out for the count All Day Long.

I'm also grateful for today where I feel ten billion times better. And can put pregnancy sickness (which I still have) into perspective.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I'm grateful for parents I can talk to about roommate problems and a computer genius dad that can help me fix my computer
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I am grateful for amazing friends. Today chilly and her friend who I don't know if she has a nym or not, came down (chilly taking time off work, even!), to clean my house because they know I haven't been able to. Chilly cleaned all my bathrooms! Let me tell you, that is the best gift you could ever give a pregnant woman in her first trimester. And her friend deep cleaned my kitchen, dining room, family room and hall way. And they brought me a breakfast casserole that I could freeze or just bake and eat.

And then tonight my sis-in-law is coming down to make me dinner.

I am the luckiest person alive today! With the most awesomest friends!
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

wow, nice. I'm grateful for online shopping, because it helps me feel productive even if I don't feel like leaving the house.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I'm grateful for my roommate, who's picking up some food at the store for me tonight that I really need but literally have not and will not have the time to go get on my own.
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

Fluoxetine and buspirone. Holy cow, I'm me again.
Portia

Post by Portia »

I'm grateful to be moving back to a climate I enjoy.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I am grateful that I made a real meal tonight. I'm feeling pretty great about myself!
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

I'm grateful for real mail from real people. Especially when it's addressed to me. (Even though none of it is actually for me. I'm just the middle man between my dad and all the people he's befriended over the years as a surprise for his 70th bday. But it's still fun to get 5-8 envelopes and post cards in the mail every day.)
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I'm grateful for the experience my breakup gave me. A good friend of mine just went through a breakup that was eerily similar to mine, and since he and I have similar personalities, I was able to help him out a bit.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

I'm also grateful for my ability to run. It's a great antidepressant.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I'm grateful for videogames that help me exercise when I don't want to go outside.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Tally M. wrote:I'm grateful for the experience my breakup gave me. A good friend of mine just went through a breakup that was eerily similar to mine, and since he and I have similar personalities, I was able to help him out a bit.
I have found my entire life to be an exercise in empathy. I can't tell you how many times I went through something hard, only to have someone I cared about go through something very similar and I was able to give them the empathy they needed. It's less common now that I'm married and my hard times are less often. (Turns out, dating and college lead to a lot of hard times. Go figure.) And as much as I hated doing all the hard times first, I was always very grateful for them once I could use them to help someone else. I try to remember that whenever life is hard. "Someday I might be able to use this experience to help someone else. I can get through this so I know they can too."
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

I'm grateful that when I dislocated my knee last night it popped itself back into socket. This means I did not have to go to the ER, get crutches, and I can finish the run of my show next week. Hooray!
beautiful, dirty, rich