What do you want for Christmas?

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

What do you want for Christmas?

Post by NerdGirl »

http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/75284/

I really enjoyed GA's answer, and I'm not ever sure why. It was just such an odd collection of awesome things.

I would like the ability to fly and glow-in-the dark hair.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Re: What do you want for Christmas?

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

My sister just asked me this question an hour ago. I responded that I'd like to make enough money for my food stamps to be reinstated. Those few months where I could go grocery shopping whenever I wanted were heaven...
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
NerdGirl
President of the Lutheran Sisterhood Gun Club

Post by NerdGirl »

Wait, it's possible to not make enough money to qualify for food stamps? How does that even make sense?!
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Lots of states have such requirements to make sure you're not just mooching off the government and such - it ensures that you have a job and so are at least a little bit trying to provide for yourself. I was fine until I had to report how much we'd been making this year, and $400-$500 a month just isn't enough.

The greatest thing is that I would usually get an exemption because of my mental health issues, but now that I'm a student I'm no longer eligible for that. So it's Bishop's Storehouse once every three weeks, mooching off Marduk and his parents, and buying a few essentials whenever they're on sale. I mean, I'm doing okay, not starving or anything, but it was really nice to just go buy fruit or granola bars whenever I needed to.

Sorry, I'm being kinda depressing. For Christmas I would like some new clothes! And many awesome books! And some of those expensive scrapbooking/crafting organizers for my many supplies for my business! And some music books! And world peace.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

For chilly I will answer this (I know you still secretly stalk theboardboard, chilly):

- No more lives torn apart
- That wars would never start
- And time would heal all hearts
- And everyone would have a friend
- And right would always win
- And love would never end

For a real answer... I have no idea, honestly. My mother-in-law just emailed me today to see if my Google Doc and Amazon wish lists were up to date. (Yes, I have an on going google doc wish list. Anytime I think, "Oh hey, I'd like that", it goes on my doc. It's actually for my whole family. It's great. And it's shared with both sets of parents.)
thatonemom

Post by thatonemom »

I haven't even begun to think about this, but if TEN ever visits the board board, I have those cookie cutters. They are the best.
I also found myself in possession of adult footie pjs but I'm giving them away for white elephant this year.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Stego won this game. I outright requested snowboard gear from The Boyfriend. (I don't like surprises.) The nice thing about full-time employment is I have already blown all my money on All the Books.

I am going to get The Boyfriend a writers' guide, and in a long-running joke, as many gift cards to Thai restaurants as I can manage.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Dragon Lady wrote:For chilly I will answer this (I know you still secretly stalk theboardboard, chilly):

- No more lives torn apart
- That wars would never start
- And time would heal all hearts
- And everyone would have a friend
- And right would always win
- And love would never end

This was already a thing with her. I remember this. And it is excellent.
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

I am seriously the worst person ever to shop for, because I never know what I want. I usually end up just asking for gift cards and buying books.