vintage engagement stones

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Portia

vintage engagement stones

Post by Portia »

So, in an interesting development, my boyfriend's madre has a bunch of vintage precious stones from her madre, and that's super exciting. The diamonds could be cool (and maybe less likely to be terrible blood diamonds? Hahaha, yeah, no) but when he said sapphires I was like whaaaaaaa! Those are my favorite. Anyone ever had vintage stones put in new settings? Should this sway my decision? LOL

Everyone asks me if I'm engaged now. And it's like, "eh ... no ..." And then they're like "HAVE YOU TALKED ABOUT IT?!" And I'm like "I'VE BEEN IN UTAH FOR LIKE THREE WEEKS"

Anyhoo, we are also looking for apartments. I want to live in SugarHood but that's like an hour from my work via transit, so yeah.
Violet

Re: vintage engagement stones

Post by Violet »

Not less likely to be blood diamonds, but you're not contributing to ongoing exploitation of miners. As for having experience, my mom's ring has my grandma's diamond. I don't know what you're looking for, but if you go to a reputable jeweler, it should be a good experience.
Portia

Re: vintage engagement stones

Post by Portia »

Violet wrote:Not less likely to be blood diamonds, but you're not contributing to ongoing exploitation of miners. As for having experience, my mom's ring has my grandma's diamond. I don't know what you're looking for, but if you go to a reputable jeweler, it should be a good experience.
Any suggestions? This is like the most feminine thing I've gone through since menarche.