wedding expos

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Portia

wedding expos

Post by Portia »

I feel like being obsessed with weddings when you're not engaged is both alarming and probably indicative of a deeper problem.

Should I be, like, "screw it I'm going to this wedding expo in Sandy on January 24th and sampling all the cake."

I feel like Concorde, specifically, needs to weigh in.
Portia

Re: wedding expos

Post by Portia »

Also, apparently the 24th is today. I have no idea what happened to this month.
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

A lot of people go because they know someone getting married and are usually part of the planning process. Moms. Girl friends. Roommates. Sisters. Bridesmaids. Or maybe they want to grow up and be in the business. Or are in the business and are going to check out competition or get ideas.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Portia wrote:I feel like being obsessed with weddings when you're not engaged is both alarming and probably indicative of a deeper problem.

Should I be, like, "screw it I'm going to this wedding expo in Sandy on January 24th and sampling all the cake."

I feel like Concorde, specifically, needs to weigh in.
Obsessing about anything is a little weird. But going to expos for ANY REASON AT ALL EVER IS PERFECTLY FINE. I LOVE THEM.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Dragon Lady wrote:A lot of people go because they know someone getting married and are usually part of the planning process. Moms. Girl friends. Roommates. Sisters. Bridesmaids. Or maybe they want to grow up and be in the business. Or are in the business and are going to check out competition or get ideas.
Mom: Dead.
Girl friends: Um. Violet? Are you getting married, secretly?
Roommates: Age 70. Not interested in dating again.
Sisters: Age 13 on Tuesday.
Bridesmaids: Wut?
Random
Squirrels and Goats

Post by Random »

I wanted to go to one a while back because I wanted to see if they had dresses there that I could look really closely at without looking too suspicious. I was designing a duct tape dress at the time, but I wasn't sure what silhouette I wanted.
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. -Joseph Chilton Pearce
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Portia wrote:
Dragon Lady wrote:A lot of people go because they know someone getting married and are usually part of the planning process. Moms. Girl friends. Roommates. Sisters. Bridesmaids. Or maybe they want to grow up and be in the business. Or are in the business and are going to check out competition or get ideas.
Mom: Dead.
Girl friends: Um. Violet? Are you getting married, secretly?
Roommates: Age 70. Not interested in dating again.
Sisters: Age 13 on Tuesday.
Bridesmaids: Wut?
So... the people immediately surrounding you aren't obsessed with going to wedding expos. I'm... not sure why that makes other people who go when not engaged "alarming and probably indicative of a deeper problem."
Portia

Post by Portia »

I don't think your snarkiness detector is working.
Violet

Post by Violet »

While not secretly getting married anytime soon (you know what happened with the last guy who showed interest), if you wanted to go run around a wedding expo while pretending to be someone's bridesmaids, I'd tag along.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Violet wrote:While not secretly getting married anytime soon (you know what happened with the last guy who showed interest), if you wanted to go run around a wedding expo while pretending to be someone's bridesmaids, I'd tag along.
This is happening. I have a coupon for one tomorrow, depending how your schedule is looking. (Made up a fake wedding date. It's on a Friday. You're welcome, fake wedding guests.)
Violet

Post by Violet »

Tomorrow is pretty terrible. I have things until 2:30, and I'm assuming this would mean I'd have to cross the point of the mountain?
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I will accept the honor of being the fake wedding guest.
SmurfBlueSnuggie

Post by SmurfBlueSnuggie »

My sister and I are going ring shopping together. And then dress shopping. We're going to take turns being the bride and the maid of honor at the dress shops.
It doesn't matter what happened to get you to today, beyond shaping your understanding. What really matters is where you go from here.
Portia

Post by Portia »

karma (kar-mə), n. -- when I get on ten million photog mailing lists after making up a fake wedding date
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

lol... same goes for baby stuff, it's like a vulturefest.