Goodbye Concorde #76486

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

vorpal blade

Goodbye Concorde #76486

Post by vorpal blade »

http://theboard.byu.edu/questions/76486/
Why does everyone want to go away? I love being home. But I don't like being left behind.
Goodbye Concorde. You'll be missed.
mic0

Re: Goodbye Concorde #76486

Post by mic0 »

Bye Concorde! Your writing style and wit were (are?) wonderful. :) Hope you're able to work things out and become happier and more at peace. It can be hard, but you are trying and that's what counts.
thatonemom

Post by thatonemom »

Warm fuzzies & best wishes to you, Concorde. :)
Amity

Post by Amity »

Concorde, I'll have you know that I didn't thumbs-up your retirement answer because I didn't want to contribute to your unhealthy obsession :)
Concorde

Post by Concorde »

Hah, thanks guys. And thanks Amity. ;) I will admit to checking up on that frequently, even though it's my last answer.

I'll miss it-- I'll miss the relationships I had with the other writers and the relationships I was building, but at the same time I feel really good about leaving. It was really sudden and I feel a bit bad about suddenly abandoning all the ideas and plans I had for the Board and abandoning what I'd been working on with the editors, but it was like I was on the edge of a cliff and I just needed to back the heck up pronto, or I was going over. It wasn't a great place and it was my fault for taking on WAY too much (last semester I was working three part time jobs and taking 18 credits and this semester I'm doing an internship where I work 14+ hours a day) and relying on other people for my happiness, but I'm doing a lot better now and it honestly feels so good. Thanks again!
Dragon Lady

Post by Dragon Lady »

Retiring is HARD. Trust me. I know. But you can keep your friends and still go to many Board parties. And every spring you can indulge for Alumni Week!

I'm kind of glad we didn't have thumbs up while I was there. Getting one of my answers in the top 10 favorites (and later losing it) was hard enough. And competing against Humble Master for stats was killer.

But you know what? Every writer retires some day. Even Katya. (Someday Laser Jock will prove this statement true... someday...) And it's hard. But honestly, when the time comes, it's the right thing. And even though it's hard, it's also a relief. Bask in that relief.

You were a great writer. :)
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Amity wrote:Concorde, I'll have you know that I didn't thumbs-up your retirement answer because I didn't want to contribute to your unhealthy obsession :)
I thought about that, but then I thumbed it anyway. :roll:
Dragon Lady wrote:But you know what? Every writer retires some day. Even Katya. (Someday Laser Jock will prove this statement true... someday...)
Blasphemy! (I choose to believe that he will asymptotically approach retirement, but never actually reach it. ;) )

Anyway, best of luck to you Concorde. I hope you can find more balance in your life and please know that you have our support.
Squirrel
Board Writer

Post by Squirrel »

Concorde, you'll be missed. I really enjoyed getting to know you. You were always very kind to me, and you made me feel important.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Squirrel wrote:Concorde, you'll be missed. I really enjoyed getting to know you. You were always very kind to me, and you made me feel important.
Awwww. The softie side of Concorde. :)