Stylist drama

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Stylist drama

Post by Katya »

I switched salons a few months ago to one that was in a more convenient location, and I picked a stylist at random and stuck with her because she was fun to talk to and did a good enough job. Then, over Christmas, I had to get my hair cut again and my original stylist wasn't available, so I picked someone else (from the same salon) at random. Problem is, my new stylist is a ton better than my old one was. (She's got more experience, she's more careful, and she's better at explaining what she's doing and why.) But now I feel guilty that I abandoned my "old" stylist, to the point that I've deliberately tried to schedule appointments with the new one at times when I know the old one isn't working, so I don't run into her. Part of me wants to think "this is a business transaction, so you shouldn't feel bad about going with the best person," but I still feel bad for abandoning a "friend."

Thoughts?
SmurfBlueSnuggie

Re: Stylist drama

Post by SmurfBlueSnuggie »

This is why I don't go to salons.... Which may actually be a solution. A lot of stylists who work at salons also have a day or two that they work from home or do home visits. Ask your new stylist if this is an option she offers. It can often be a bit cheaper because she won't have to pay the salon fee and can keep everything she charges you.
It doesn't matter what happened to get you to today, beyond shaping your understanding. What really matters is where you go from here.