POOL PARTY

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
mic0

Re: POOL PARTY

Post by mic0 »

Violet, you're doing UT in Austin, yes? Imogen and Violet -- we are indeed moving to Round Rock! I would love to hang out with you; we can even do a pool party since we are going to have a pool. I can't guarantee it will be clean since I have no idea how to take care of a pool... Anyway, we should discuss more in August?
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

We definitely should, Mico! Let's make this happen!
beautiful, dirty, rich
Portia

Post by Portia »

Between callbacks, baby blessings, and nervous breakdowns, this didn't happen last week. How's this weekend?
Violet

Post by Violet »

mic0 wrote:Violet, you're doing UT in Austin, yes? Imogen and Violet -- we are indeed moving to Round Rock! I would love to hang out with you; we can even do a pool party since we are going to have a pool. I can't guarantee it will be clean since I have no idea how to take care of a pool... Anyway, we should discuss more in August?
Yes, to all of the questions.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Is it okay that we've hijacked this for central Texas shenanigans? Hey, Imogen and Violet, I'm in Round Rock now. I hear there is a place with a giant donut. (Also, there are way more donut places here than in Colorado (also also, is "donut" a misspelling? It is underlined for me.) I don't really know much else. :) Should we continue planning through PMs/emails? Is there anyone else on this board in Texas??
Violet

Post by Violet »

PMs work for me, as do emails. I should be in central Texas ~16th. You know, if I ever find a place to live. I'm literally talking to 3 potential roommates right now and am fairly sure all of them will fall through. Maybe one won't, but that's all I need.
Sharona Fleming

Post by Sharona Fleming »

I'm coming out of lurkdom to celebrate your arrival in Round Rock, mic0! I've lived in North Austin for the past four years, and I love it here. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as my family has. You should check out Round Rock Donuts for the biggest donut you'll ever find, but when you want one that tastes particularly amazing you'll have to try Gourdough's. Preferably from their truck.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

I sure hope you find a place to live Violet. That's stressful! If nothing else you can rent a room from us, but Round Rock is like 30 mins away driving so it isn't terribly convenient. :P

I'll send a PM to you guys.

Sharona Fleming! Thanks for the welcome. :D I'll definitely have to find those donut places, thanks. Are you in the area now? Want to come to our get together later this month?
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

mic0 wrote:Is it okay that we've hijacked this for central Texas shenanigans? Hey, Imogen and Violet, I'm in Round Rock now. I hear there is a place with a giant donut. (Also, there are way more donut places here than in Colorado (also also, is "donut" a misspelling? It is underlined for me.) I don't really know much else. :) Should we continue planning through PMs/emails? Is there anyone else on this board in Texas??

Giant donut sounds amazing.

I'm going to Arkansas next week, but weekends should be free until speech season gets into full swing in October. We have a tournament on Sept 13, but that's the only one that month.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Emiliana
The Other Token Non-Mormon

Post by Emiliana »

Imogen wrote:
mic0 wrote:Is it okay that we've hijacked this for central Texas shenanigans? Hey, Imogen and Violet, I'm in Round Rock now. I hear there is a place with a giant donut. (Also, there are way more donut places here than in Colorado (also also, is "donut" a misspelling? It is underlined for me.) I don't really know much else. :) Should we continue planning through PMs/emails? Is there anyone else on this board in Texas??

Giant donut sounds amazing.

I'm going to Arkansas next week, but weekends should be free until speech season gets into full swing in October. We have a tournament on Sept 13, but that's the only one that month.
I'm in Texas!!! Unfortunately Texas is a big place and I'm still 3-4 hours away from Round Rock...

The more proper spelling is doughnut, but no one actually uses that spelling anymore.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Emiliana! I thought you might be in Texas but I couldn't remember. Yeah, it is a tad big, siiiiigh.

Imogen, good to know! I'll send you both a PM about dates. I figured you all are probably busy, too, so haven't been too worried about planning yet anyway.
Sharona Fleming

Post by Sharona Fleming »

Sorry for the slow response. It's been a hectic week. I would love to join your get together! I would even love to provide a massive $8 donut to share. :)
mic0

Post by mic0 »

We (Violet, Sharona F., and I) had our get together before you Utahans! Do we win??
Portia

Post by Portia »

mic0 wrote:We (Violet, Sharona F., and I) had our get together before you Utahans! Do we win??
Yep.

I know TBS owes me a cocktail night. And my hot tub is still open and the weather is pretty nice. Open invitation.
Portia

Post by Portia »

reads TBS's blog...

Oh, my.
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

I'm doing SO MUCH BETTER. I went to the doctor again on Monday and they gave me steroids and painkillers and I'm happy as a clam. I won't participate in drinking (I have some liver swelling due to the mono, hooray!) but I would bring liquor and I would so come. Sorry, Portia, about the delays, and everyone else who I have had to reschedule (bob, Marduk, Randomness, US, Mico, and Queen Alice come to mind). I think I'm finally over the hump in my mono nightmare!
Portia

Post by Portia »

How's this Sunday? We can do mocktails if that's more everyone's speed, as well.
TheBlackSheep
The Best

Post by TheBlackSheep »

I'd be down, and I make a mean mocktail.
Portia

Post by Portia »

We should get together when Violet is in town.
Violet

Post by Violet »

Oh hey, yes. I like this plan.