Things to do in Indiana (or thereabouts?)

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
wryness

Things to do in Indiana (or thereabouts?)

Post by wryness »

So, I am going to Bloomington, Indiana, in a few days. The principal reason is to visit one of my best friends, but while I'm there I plan on engaging in some zany hijinks. Does anyone know of any good tourist attractions in the area? I will have some car access and am considering making a trip out to Saint Louis for a day, as well. (I need to see the City Museum again!)
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Re: Things to do in Indiana (or thereabouts?)

Post by Katya »

I haven't done anything really touristy in Bloomington, but I would suggest eating at the Tibetan restaurant there. (Such good dumplings, and when will you ever have Tibetan food again?)

I've also got a ton of friends who have lived in Bloomington (or who still live there), so I'll check with them to see if they have any suggestions.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Here's what my friends suggest:

B: Springmill State Park; Exotic Feline Rescue Center; Bluespring Caverns; might see what's playing at the Bluebird or on exhibit at the Lily (or at the Kinsey, depending on one's interests); caneoing on Griffy Lake; probably other things in town that I've never done because reasons.

H: Brown County! Wander around Nashville, explore the local hiking--Brown County State Park is beautiful.

H: I think the observatory on campus is open to the public Wednesday nights.

N: These are all fantastic suggestions. Definitely get an ice cream at either Chocolate Moose or Hartzell's....or both. And try some of the restaurants on 4th street. Anatolia is one of my very favorites. Buffalouie's (on Kirkwood) has awesome wings. Get a tenderloin sandwich in Gnaw Bone. I guess I only have food suggestions.
wryness

Post by wryness »

Thanks for the suggestions, Katya! I ended not being able to do a ton of things out and about and mostly spent the time hanging out with my friends (which was totally worth it) but we did get a chance go to some nice restaurants in the area. We would've maybe gone to the Feline Rescue Center, but they had gone a couple of weeks earlier with their little kids so that didn't work out.

All in all it was really fun and I appreciated your advice. :)