favorite unusual course at BYU

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Portia

favorite unusual course at BYU

Post by Portia »

What was your favorite class you took at BYU that isn't offered many other places?

I love BYU's commitment to both the widely-spoken and relatively obscure languages. I'm really glad I got the opportunity to take introductory Romanian.
Cindy

Re: favorite unusual course at BYU

Post by Cindy »

Yep, I took Swahili, and it was fantastic.
M.O.D.A.Q.

Post by M.O.D.A.Q. »

Dinosaurs is the greatest class that can possibly be taken.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

I'm sure that other colleges offer bookbinding but I enjoyed it. I took an honors class on classical music in pop culture that was fun.
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Whistler wrote:I'm sure that other colleges offer bookbinding but I enjoyed it. I took an honors class on classical music in pop culture that was fun.
Did you take it with Dr. Howard?
Yarjka

Post by Yarjka »

Tally M. wrote:
Whistler wrote:I'm sure that other colleges offer bookbinding but I enjoyed it. I took an honors class on classical music in pop culture that was fun.
Yes. (source: I was in the same class)
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

If I have to pick one, it would be Welsh, but I also liked bookbinding.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

And now that I think about it, Welsh is where I met Melyngoch, who remains a good friend to this day, and bookbinding is the reason I got to write for the Board, so I guess those two classes has quite an impact on my life. :D
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Yarjka wrote:
Tally M. wrote:
Yes. (source: I was in the same class)
He's seriously one of my favorite professors--I met him while taking a class on that same topic at Summerfest
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Tally M. wrote: He's seriously one of my favorite professors--I met him while taking a class on that same topic at Summerfest
Sometimes when I got bored of our textbook (I had him for Music 201 and 202 - history of music), I would imagine him reading it to me, because I love his accent! XD
Portia

Post by Portia »

This thread makes me happy. Folk dance was another class I took on a whim (a good friend begged me to take it or else it would have be cancelled), which then turned into a passion and a slot on a folk dance team.
Violet

Post by Violet »

I took bookbinding and wildlife biology. Actually, all of the honors classes I took were pretty great with the exception of the American Heritage one, and even that was probably better than taking American Heritage.
Portia

Post by Portia »

One of my college bf's favorite class was wilderness writing. He took a geology field trip class, too. And science fiction writing. How did he manage it?
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Whistler wrote:
Tally M. wrote: He's seriously one of my favorite professors--I met him while taking a class on that same topic at Summerfest
Sometimes when I got bored of our textbook (I had him for Music 201 and 202 - history of music), I would imagine him reading it to me, because I love his accent! XD
I had him for Music 201, which I did because he's great to listen to, but he's not an easy teacher...