UTA confusion...

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
the anglophile

UTA confusion...

Post by the anglophile »

Please help me! I am visiting Utah this weekend and I am so confused by all the public transportation. I am going to need to go from Murray to BYU, back to Murray, and from Murray to Temple Square multiple times. What are the best stops to get on/off? What are the latest times the trains/buses run? Any information you guys could give me would be so so helpful!
Portia

Re: UTA confusion...

Post by Portia »

the anglophile wrote:Please help me! I am visiting Utah this weekend and I am so confused by all the public transportation. I am going to need to go from Murray to BYU, back to Murray, and from Murray to Temple Square multiple times. What are the best stops to get on/off? What are the latest times the trains/buses run? Any information you guys could give me would be so so helpful!
You'll want to ride the FrontRunner from Murray Central to Provo Central, then take the bus north to BYU. (There are multiple options. 830 and 832 if it hasn't changed.)

Then retrace your steps, and depending on how cost-sensitive you are, either continue the FrontRunner north to North temple and walk, Salt Lake Central and take the TRAX, or my preference, ride the FrontRunner to Murray Central, get off, then take the blue or red line all the way to the Temple Square stop.

You can use Google Maps; it's better than the site route planner.

11:35 to 11:58 is the latest weekday trip from Temple Square to Murray Central.
10:59 to 11:22 is the latest Saturday trip from Temple Square to Murray Central.
10:49 to 11:12 is the latest reverse weekday and Saturday trip.

On weekdays, the latest FrontRunner leaves Provo at 10:20 and arrives at Murray Central at 11:08. Saturday they have a late train at 1:20 AM that arrives at 2:08 AM. You're on your own for connecting busses from campus -- I don't even know where they leave from, much less the latest one. I had to catch one that left a bit before 10:00 PM if I recall correctly. If you can get a ride from the BYU area to the station, that works best for late nights.

11:59 is the latest FrontRunner going southbound from Murray Central on weekdays. 12:22 is the latest going southbound from Murray Central on Saturdays.

You can text 882882 with the stop number at any bus stop for the next arrival time. The schedules are posted at every TRAX and FrontRunner stop, and people are nice and willing to answer questions. :D
Portia

Post by Portia »

Oh and they're running extra early trains and midday for Conference. (I had forgotten about this activity.) So that's good for you. It will be PACKED. (Note to self.) It's like the semiannual exodus of people who normally detest public transit.
the anglophile

Post by the anglophile »

Thank you!!
Portia

Post by Portia »

the anglophile wrote:Thank you!!
Yeah, no problem! PM me if you have additional questions!