International Travel Booking

Don't have 100 hours, or answered your question yourself? Ask for help and post your answers here!
SmurfBlueSnuggie

International Travel Booking

Post by SmurfBlueSnuggie »

I know I don't really come around a lot anymore, but I still really appreciate all the help when I need some! :)

I am going to New Zealand next March!!! (finally!) I've followed a blog for several years of an American guy who stopped his backpacking trip around the world and ended up settling (more or less) in New Zealand. He now offers to help book travel at no extra cost. He actually provides discounts. He gets paid by the companies to get them business.

This is his website:
http://www.planitnz.com/

He's been really helpful to me. We've been emailing for several months as I get plans in place. I'm ready to book my lodging and activities now, but I'm getting a bit concerned about security. I want to support him if he's legit. It's a great entrepreneurial business. But if he's not legit, that's a lot of money I'll be handing over.

How do I tell if this is safe? I've looked for scam reports online, but a cursory Google search didn't yield anything. Any other suggestions?
It doesn't matter what happened to get you to today, beyond shaping your understanding. What really matters is where you go from here.
Whistler

Re: International Travel Booking

Post by Whistler »

there's some testimonials on the site -- maybe you could ask for a referral with a phone number?
SmurfBlueSnuggie

Re: International Travel Booking

Post by SmurfBlueSnuggie »

He clarified that he can only book some things. And I'll be getting communication from the companies as well. Much less nervous now. When we were talking everything about the trip, I was thinking the pitch was just too much.

And getting contact for a referral is also a good idea. Thanks!
It doesn't matter what happened to get you to today, beyond shaping your understanding. What really matters is where you go from here.