What makes you happy today?

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Tally M.

Re: What makes you happy today?

Post by Tally M. »

I'm super grateful for all the support I've gotten from readers and writers this weekend. It's always really nice to have back-up.

Also, this guy I used to be interested in is on the edge of dating this girl, and he also very intentionally sisterzoned me tonight, and I don't feel jealous at all, which is a really nice feeling.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

The book I'm on contract to finish by February (ahhhhhh) is now about half finished - not because I suddenly threw a dozen hours at it, but because I realized a better way of organization that allows me to explain concepts and then trust the readers to apply them to subsequent projects. Little sigh of relief.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Amity

Post by Amity »

My engagement ring is finally here and it's GORGEOUS.
Digit

Post by Digit »

My wife's lumpia business is going like wildfire. $150 in the week since she started it just by word of mouth to her friends and my coworkers.
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Amity wrote:My engagement ring is finally here and it's GORGEOUS.
What style?
Amity

Post by Amity »

Portia wrote:
Amity wrote:My engagement ring is finally here and it's GORGEOUS.
What style?
It's very similar to this one, but we changed the support system under the halo: http://www.costco.com/Cushion-Cut-%2526 ... 13114.html. Yes, I went engagement ring shopping at Costco. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Costco, for it is the power of saving lots of money on good-quality diamonds and having free samples to munch on while you shop.
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Digit wrote:My wife's lumpia business is going like wildfire. $150 in the week since she started it just by word of mouth to her friends and my coworkers.
thanks, now I'm craving lumpia
Digit

Post by Digit »

It's good stuff. Not good for you, but good :)
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

SO MANY THINGS made me happy today.

*I am confident I did well (A range) on my marketing test. Which I did not study for.
*Yoga is awesome and the first class of my day.
*For the first time in a while I connected emotionally in my choir class and it was great.
*I got a 92/100 on my astronomy test (which I barely studied for).
*I remembered I can get free vegetables from my work to go with the food I have to pay for.
*They cleaned one of the ice cream machines today, and I got a big cup of chocolate for free (we usually don't even get discounts on ice cream).
*This is one of the first times in months that I have been in a good mood and not been hypomanic.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Portia

Post by Portia »

I wrote a 2,000-ish-word short story in a single day, and I think it's my best ever.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Sometimes I wonder why I still keep going with my business.

Then I look at my stats and find out we've grossed about $10,000 with tutorials alone, and more than $40,000 since the company started, and I feel motivated all of a sudden.
Portia

Post by Portia »

With all the talk of the FLAS fellowship, I've looked into it at the graduate school I want to take. Suddenly taking up Russian sounds like an excellent idea. Thanks for the hat tip, Board!
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Portia wrote:With all the talk of the FLAS fellowship, I've looked into it at the graduate school I want to take. Suddenly taking up Russian sounds like an excellent idea. Thanks for the hat tip, Board!
FYI, the languages eligible for FLAS scholarships can vary from year to year, so you'll want to check that Russian still qualifies if and when you get there. (Technically speaking, the list of languages stays the same, but individual universities don't always qualify for every language every year.)
Tally M.

Post by Tally M. »

Yeah, my language got removed this past year, which I wasn't really happy about (but it turned out okay)
Last edited by Tally M. on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

And now that I've done a bit more research, it turns out that the FLAS grant cycle is for 4 years, so BYU's 2014 FLAS languages will be around at least until 2018. (I don't know if all universities are on the same grant cycle, though.)
Portia

Post by Portia »

Thanks for the info! I am looking at the University of Utah. I'll be sure to ask.
Portia

Post by Portia »

Ooh, just found Portuguese too. Interested in both. (And randomly, my best friend went on a mission to Portugal ... and his wife is Russian!)
Shrinky Dink

Post by Shrinky Dink »

My computer was making weird noises so I decided to backup important documents. About an hour after I did, I got a really weird blue screen of death before my computer restarted. It seems to be doing fine now, but I'm really glad for my external hard drive and the backup of all the pictures and documents.
*Insert Evil Laughter Here*
Digit

Post by Digit »

Nice find at the Goodwill today. Wheelock's Latin, 6th Edition, Revised in brand new condition for $0.99.
mic0

Post by mic0 »

Hahaha, digit, that is a good textbook series, congrats!