#45611 Cleaning out snail shells

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Benvolio

#45611 Cleaning out snail shells

Post by Benvolio »

I thought The Cheeky Chickie's response to the snail questionwas faulty. The Lysol suggestion is both impractical and inadvisable. Snail shell spirals make it virtually impossible to spray any cleaning solution into the shells, and the chemicals can damage the shell material. Alcohol might work okay, but it might also damage the shell. Bleach is probably a bad idea if the shell has color.

I've boiled shells before and it gets rid of the smell. If you dry them out well, the shells are usually in good shape.
- Benvolio
SWKT Parachuter

Post by SWKT Parachuter »

Dear Benny boy,
Well, why dontcha cry about it?

BTW, I've totes used bleach and alcohol before with no adverse effects. And if the shell tears easily when it's wet, it would not survive a hearty boiling. Just some food for thought!

XOXO,
SWKT Parachuter
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Who are you, and what have you done with Swicket? Hugs and Kisses?
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Who are you, and what have you done with Swicket? Hugs and Kisses?
Maybe aliens abducted and performed experiments on SWKT?
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Giovanni Schwartz

Or the person that we knew as Swicket returned to Mars, and returned the original Swicket back to us. Fred, is the Swicket we knew from Mars?
chillygator
Board Princess

Post by chillygator »

SWKT Parachuter wrote:Dear Benny boy,
Well, why dontcha cry about it?

BTW, I've totes used bleach and alcohol before with no adverse effects. And if the shell tears easily when it's wet, it would not survive a hearty boiling. Just some food for thought!

XOXO,
SWKT Parachuter
Oh! I love using "totes"! It's very fun. Let's be BFFs (BFF? There's always an "s", but why?)!
SWKT Parachuter

Dear everyone,

You delightful simpletons! Of course I'm not being nice. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew how unpleasantly condescending I can be!

Contemptfully,
SWKT Parachuter
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:Maybe aliens abducted and performed experiments on SWKT?
We should be so lucky.
- Benvolio
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

SWKT Parachuter wrote:Dear everyone,

You delightful simpletons! Of course I'm not being nice. I just wanted to make sure everyone knew how unpleasantly condescending I can be!

Contemptfully,
SWKT Parachuter
Unpleasantly condescending? You do realize that if unpleasant condescension is equal to hilarity, or sounding like a power puff girl, you fail right? Ar at least at the unpleasant bit.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:Unpleasantly condescending? You do realize that if unpleasant condescension is equal to hilarity, or sounding like a power puff girl, you fail right? Ar at least at the unpleasant bit. (emphasis added)
From now on, SWKT's new name is Blossom.
"I'm annoying! Tee hee!"
- Benvolio
Giovanni Schwartz

Do you think we can get one of the administrators on the board to change his name for us?
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

It would be highly unethical. It would be even more unethical to also change his avatar. *wink* *nudge*
- Benvolio
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Hey, Portia added the N to my name, so it is feasible.
Wisteria

Post by Wisteria »

I cannot tell you how delighted I would be to see SWKT's avatar become a power puff girl. Also, I want to put forth the idea that it would be possible for something to survive boiling even if it tears more easily when wet.
Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

Aw, let's be nice to SWKT. If we start acting like jerks too, werf wins.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Darth Fedora wrote:Aw, let's be nice to SWKT. If we start acting like jerks too, werf wins.
Or either way werf doesn't care.
Giovanni Schwartz

You know, this is such a nice topic...
SWKT Parachuter

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
SWKT Parachuter wrote:Dear everyone,

Contemptfully,
SWKT Parachuter
Unpleasantly condescending? You do realize that if unpleasant condescension is equal to hilarity, or sounding like a power puff girl, you fail right? Ar at least at the unpleasant bit.
Boy, it's a good thing that unpleasant condescension is NOT in fact equal to "hilarity, or sounding like a power puff girl." Because I would just be so disappointed if such an eloquent writer and brilliant logician as yourself thought I had failed. Whew, close one.
SWKT Parachuter

Darth Fedora wrote:Aw, let's be nice to SWKT. If we start acting like jerks too, werf wins.
Gee, you're a sweetheart. But my goal really isn't to make everyone act like jerks. It's to make fun of people who say dumb things!
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

SWKT Parachuter wrote: Dear everyone,

Contemptfully,
SWKT Parachuter
and
SWKT Parachuter wrote:
Boy, it's a good thing that unpleasant condescension is NOT in fact equal to "hilarity, or sounding like a power puff girl." Because I would just be so disappointed if such an eloquent writer and brilliant logician as yourself thought I had failed. Whew, close one.
I was reading the previous post and I was reminded of Plankton from Spongebob. You know, the little guy who acts all superior trying to steal some secret recipe or something. Anyways his condescension is sometimes quite hilarious.

Oh, and excellent use of sarcasm, touché.