Board Writer Application

Any miscellaneous posts can live here.
Werf_Must

Board Writer Application

Post by Werf_Must »

Have you ever gotten one? Thought about getting one?

I am thinking about getting one, even though I wouldn't submit it, just to see the questions
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

I found the questions that have the answer about how to apply the other day, but seeing as I'm going to be a senior in high school next year, so I'm a little too young. And I probably won't end up going to BYU anyways.
Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

I've gotten one before, but before I submitted it, I decided I really didn't care enough to work for no real-life rewards. I mean, you don't get paid and the only glory you get is over the internet to a pen name. I guess you can make cool friends or whatever, but that's a lot of unnecessary work to get more of something I already have.
I am grateful for my apathy and laziness. Those character traits have saved me from a lot of hard work.
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

I have the same thing going Giovanni Schwartz, except that I am finishing my associates while in High School, so when I graduate I will be a BYU junior (except for religion classes and American Heritage), and it will kind of already be late for me to start writing... and going straight from High Schooler to being a new student, being a board writer, and having at least a part-time job, sounds like it would limit my social life--not to mention I doubt I would ever get accepted.

Oh yeah, and there is that whole getting into BYU thing....
Tangerine

Post by Tangerine »

I've gotten one before. It was pretty dang fun.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I've done two so far. My third try will be later this summer. Third time's the charm, right? : D
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

Really, you filled one out Tangerine? I would have never guessed. I thought they saw you ten miles barefoot through thistles and tack during Freshmen Orientation and knew that you were the one!

Good luck bob!
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

I have looked at it, but I haven't started on it yet.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

I haven't done one yet. I've heard they are fun though. :)
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Hobbes

Re: Board Writer Application

Post by Hobbes »

Werf_Must wrote:Have you ever gotten one? Thought about getting one?

I am thinking about getting one, even though I wouldn't submit it, just to see the questions
The application PROCESS is cool, because it was carefully designed that way.

The actual application, once you get past the magic-missile trap and the geas it places on you, really isn't all that incredible. I bet if you just sat there and made up questions you'd put on a Board writer application, you'd probably hit some of them bang on.

Anyway, I may face The Editor's wrath for even saying this much, so off I go to disappear again.