#46277 - Foreman's Slow Dances

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Claudio

#46277 - Foreman's Slow Dances

Post by Claudio »

Question

Playlist

So, has anybody gone and listened to this yet? Here's a hint:

ROCK SOLID.

"I'll Catch You" is a personal favorite. I've slow danced to that one a couple of times, and it's a good'un.

One thing I might have changed, though, is the Pixies. I LOVE this song, but it doesn't do much for me in the slow-dance way.

Other than that, my mad props go to my brother Foreman. Were I not a married man, I wouldn't leave on a date without this CD in my car. You know, just in case.

Any thoughts here, folks?
Last edited by Claudio on Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Yeah, for those who are cd player deprived in their cars, what would the best station be to listen to for dates and the like?
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

not to ruffle any feathers, but some of those songs are just plain not romantic. fake plastic trees != committal make out mood.
Claudio

Post by Claudio »

bismark wrote:not to ruffle any feathers, but some of those songs are just plain not romantic.
bismark, you and I are in complete agreement for perhaps the first time ever. There are a lot of these that are pretty much without romantic subtext. I think that Foreman wasn't shooting for 100% on the "let's make out" mood as he was for a lot of slow-tempoed, danceable songs. "Trouble," "Waitin' For Superman," "Fake Plastic Trees," and a few others aren't supremely romantic lyrically speaking, but they do contribute to the easy-going and calm mood these type of songs often create (one more reason I have for taking off "Where Is My Mind?").