Wow...that's a lot of words today...

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

Humble Master

Wow...that's a lot of words today...

Post by Humble Master »

If any of you try to read every post every day I want to apologize for having two freakishly long answers post (46743 and 46801) on the same day as habiba's excellent, but also long, speculatory piece about That 70's Show (46754) as well as several other questions which garnered lengthy responses (46765, for example).

Congrats to anybody who makes it all the way through today.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Dude, your poem was awesome. Frankly I think longer length replies, like todays, just makes the question and reading more enjoyable, after all, they can't all be one liners.
As far as 46765 goes, I like reading where a bunch of writers respond, and not only to the reader but to themselves as well, it adds another angle to the whole board.
Which reminds me, I need to search for that good charlotte rant that was mentioned...
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

I read the whole thing, and enjoyed it. I agree with Sam up there. Long responses often are better.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Benvolio

Post by Benvolio »

I skip long responses. Less is more.
- Benvolio
Darth Fedora

Post by Darth Fedora »

I second Benvolio.
Humble Master

Post by Humble Master »

I'm fine with occasional long responses, but I don't want them to dominate either the Board, or my own answers. I think I have, more than once, demonstrated a willingness to wax long-winded, but I imagine it prevents more people reading the response than it informs/entertains those who read it all. Thus, I try to scatter them....except for today, when two of the longest answers I've ever written were posted...
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

I third Benvolio
A Mom, but not yours

Post by A Mom, but not yours »

If a long response is on something I care about, I'll read it all. If it's something I don't care as much about, I'll probably just skim.

I read all of The Watchers response, because several people I know got really excited about the movie after seeing the preview, where I thought that the preview didn't even begin to tell me enough to know if I was interested or not. It's a topic of interest to me.

The new reader question just didn't pique my interest yesterday, so I was skimming before I got to Humble Master's answer. I don't believe I really read any of it other than noticing references to the U and Dr. Seuss.

So, all in all, I like a mix.
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

Honestly, I read every response.

I don't mind long responses, however, sometimes they do go off on a tangent. And well... Actually, I don't mind. I just really enjoy the board.