BQ#: 47044 - Support During Abortions

What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

orb360

Post by orb360 »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:
Imogen wrote:fetus' are parasites until they're born.
Oh, come on, you don't think breastfeeding is parasitic? The fact that the baby cannot survive without near constant care and attention? Why should the baby stop being a parasite at birth? Just because werf isn't physically attached to the mother...
Here here!

A parasitic relationship is where one organism benefits from a host organism. The host usually does not benefit from this relationship or more typically, is harmed by it.

Sounds to me like most kid's are parasites until well into their teens (if not 20's)

Unless you count the emotional benefits as tangible... I guess you could make a case for that...
Everything below the line of coherence may be safely ignored.
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

a child can live without its mother. how do you think all those babies lived when mothers died in childbirth? and now we have formula and daycare. and though it's certainly not the way i think children should be treated, babies in russian orphanages get very little attention.
beautiful, dirty, rich
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

Can live without the mother, yes. Can live without attention/care, no. Still the technical parasitic relationship.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Imogen wrote: but i don't believe a fetus is a person the same way i am a person. it does not have the same rights i have. i should not have to go through a long and possibly difficult pregnancy to ease your mind or because of your beliefs. i should be allowed to make those choices for myself.
Frankly I don't want you or anyone to not have an abortion because it might make me feel better. I would rather that people not have an abortion so that way the fetus can have the right to live. The fetus should at least be guaranteed that right at least. It is your choice, but unfortunately it doesn't just affect you.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
orb360

Post by orb360 »

Imogen wrote:a child can live without its mother. how do you think all those babies lived when mothers died in childbirth? and now we have formula and daycare. and though it's certainly not the way i think children should be treated, babies in russian orphanages get very little attention.
Similarly... a tick can live without a human host...

It just takes a different host...

Take a 1 year old kid and dump it in the woods by itself... see how long it lasts...
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

orb360 wrote: the woods by itself... see how long it lasts...
The Romulus and Remus were raised by wolves. So was Pecos Bill I think... George of the Jungle too.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

And Mogly. (Or how ever you spell that.)

Of course all of these are mythical.
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Fredjikrang wrote:And Mogly. (Or how ever you spell that.)

Of course all of these are mythical.
Not according to this! ;)
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Dear SAM,

(The other day I saw a moving company called "rent a SAM" or something like that. I really wanted to call and ask if Surface to Air missles are able to be used for civilian use. Also, I stutter as I type.)

Do you just search the internet looking for weird, obscure sights about random things?

Yours Truly,

Gio
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Giovanni Schwartz wrote:Dear SAM,

(The other day I saw a moving company called "rent a SAM" or something like that. I really wanted to call and ask if Surface to Air missles are able to be used for civilian use. Also, I stutter as I type.)

Do you just search the internet looking for weird, obscure sights about random things?

Yours Truly,

Gio
Maybe if you request one that the army has used previously?
And yes, yes I do.
xkcd ***
Location: The spiritual BYU campus, but apparently not as Holy as BYU-I.

Post by xkcd *** »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
orb360 wrote: the woods by itself... see how long it lasts...
The Romulus and Remus were raised by wolves. So was Pecos Bill I think... George of the Jungle too.
I thought George was raised by an ape named Ape.
orb360

Post by orb360 »

I present.... The Fetus Nebula!!!

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap080825.html
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

orb360 wrote:
Imogen wrote:a child can live without its mother. how do you think all those babies lived when mothers died in childbirth? and now we have formula and daycare. and though it's certainly not the way i think children should be treated, babies in russian orphanages get very little attention.

Take a 1 year old kid and dump it in the woods by itself... see how long it lasts...
there was this kid in france i learned about in psych class who lived out in the woods alone until he was about 12 or 13. this was the 1800s. he lived, but he never developed the ability to speak because he never heard people talk. i wish i could remember his name, but psych class was a very long time ago.
beautiful, dirty, rich
orb360

Post by orb360 »

Imogen wrote:
orb360 wrote:

there was this kid in france i learned about in psych class who lived out in the woods alone until he was about 12 or 13. this was the 1800s. he lived, but he never developed the ability to speak because he never heard people talk. i wish i could remember his name, but psych class was a very long time ago.
I'm sure once in a blue moon a tick can survive without a host... But a handful of counter examples doesn't discount that the majority of kids would die if left to their own machinations.
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

orb360 wrote: I'm sure once in a blue moon a tick can survive without a host... But a handful of counter examples doesn't discount that the majority of kids would die if left to their own machinations.
Except in Lord of the Flies where a handful die and the majority live... :P
orb360

Post by orb360 »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
orb360 wrote: I'm sure once in a blue moon a tick can survive without a host... But a handful of counter examples doesn't discount that the majority of kids would die if left to their own machinations.
Except in Lord of the Flies where a handful die and the majority live... :P
Isn't Lord of the Flies fiction? and those kids were a little older than the age group we're discussing...
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

orb360 wrote: Isn't Lord of the Flies fiction? and those kids were a little older than the age group we're discussing...
Technically we left it open that all kids are parasites, dependent on their mom and dad, until they leave the house.

Excluding those who escaped into the wilds of the city streets and thrive in the wild.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

Random comment: I had to read Lord of the Flies in 12th grade english. My whole class (including me) hated the book, except for one girl who absolutly loved it. Then the last day of class my teacher pulls out the black and white movie for us to watch and we all fell asleep.
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Imogen wrote:
orb360 wrote:

Sounds like Victor of Aveyron.
orb360

Post by orb360 »

Please don't be offended...