What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Post by bobtheenchantedone »

So, everyone, what would your life be like without the Board?

I would be much less outgoing, have far fewer friends, probably would not have a blog, might not know about NaNoWriMo (the horror!!), would have had no one to help me with *that one problem* last semester... I wouldn't know Chilly, or Fred, or m&m, or any of the many many other cool people I've met...

In short, it would be sad.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Fredjikrang
Never Coming Back?

Post by Fredjikrang »

Honestly, I have my doubts that I would still be at BYU if The Board didn't exist. (And that is the bad kind of "not at BYU.")

Life would certainly be a lot more boring as well. :D
[img]http://fredjikrang.petfish.net/Fence-banner.png[/img]
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

I wouldn't know any of you, would be less outgoing, wouldn't update my blog much at all, wouldn't have a break every morning where I can have a good laugh, and wouldn't be spending hours upon hours on this site procrastinating my homework.

In short, it would be sad. (wait, bob said that, whoops. it's still true.)
Staple guns: because duct tape can't make that "kaCHUNK" noise
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

I wouldn't have a blog, or know any of you cool people. I'd probably be on facebook much more than is healthy. I wouldn't have an evolving nym that makes fun of certain aspects of my life that helps me laugh it all off.

I am not sure where I'd really be.
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
Unit of Energy
Title Bar Moderator

Post by Unit of Energy »

I would have had no social life over the summer, which still wasn't much. I would never have started a blog, I would be bored to tears more often. I would be more shy. I wouldn't have a place to say what I think without worrying too much about what people thought of me. And I would have given up on ever knowing people outside my FHE group.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Looks like the Board has done excellently in improving our social lives... but I notice none of us yet have talked about how much we have learned. (I forgot it earlier.) ; D

Though m&m did mention the laughs.
The Epistler was quite honestly knocked on her ethereal behind by the sheer logic of this.
Nanti-SARRMM
Location: Beyond the Mountains of the Copper Miners into the Desert of Absolute Boredom

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Welcome to It's a Wonderful Hundred Hour Board Life.

So who wants to play George and who wants to play Clarence?
This site, and the opinions and statements contained herein do not necessarily reflect on my sanity, or lack thereof.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:Welcome to It's a Wonderful Hundred Hour Board Life.

I'll be Harry!
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Having never watched It's a Wonderful Life...
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:Having never watched It's a Wonderful Life...
Bob... I am not sure what to say. I am stunned and shocked at the same time. It's on every year too! I think we need to introduce you to this film, considering it is an American classic that has influenced a variety of movies and books as well.
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

*sigh* I knew that would happen. Listen, pretty much any time someone starts talking about movies, the conversation will be peppered with me saying "I've never seen that one." At least, I'll say that a few times, and then the conversation will turn to what is wrong with me and how deprived my childhood was.

And now, to stay on topic...

I was telling my dad this morning about how many questions there have been that have been testimony-strengthening, for writers and readers. I love that! And questions such as "What do you do when you are sad?" are big favorites of mine too.

My mother likes coming up with questions to ask, and my brother is quite pleased that some of his twisted ones have been asked.

Without the Board, my mother wouldn't know why oil makes rainbows and my brother wouldn't know what the opposite of a duck is.
yellow m&m
The Yellow One

Post by yellow m&m »

bobtheenchantedone wrote:*sigh* I knew that would happen. Listen, pretty much any time someone starts talking about movies, the conversation will be peppered with me saying "I've never seen that one." At least, I'll say that a few times, and then the conversation will turn to what is wrong with me and how deprived my childhood was.
That happens with me, too.

Also on topic, the same thing has happend to me. When there has been a question that has inspired me to make a right choice, or is my question, that I never asked, or even knew to ask. Yes, there are laughs (which is a big part of the board, for me), but there is also the more serious side, which makes me ponder and question and know more.

Post by 361 »

More on the opposites of ducks here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbaTur4A1OU
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

without the board i'd still think mormons were crazy cult people.

i also wouldn't have long gchats with cog about music and how much we love colbert, thus making my days a little boring.
beautiful, dirty, rich
Goober

Post by Goober »

yellow m&m wrote:
bobtheenchantedone wrote:*sigh* I knew that would happen. Listen, pretty much any time someone starts talking about movies, the conversation will be peppered with me saying "I've never seen that one." At least, I'll say that a few times, and then the conversation will turn to what is wrong with me and how deprived my childhood was.
Yes but when she starts talking about movies that she has seen it is our turn to have our eyes glaze over because you have no idea What in the world she is talking about.
Werf_Must

Post by Werf_Must »

I wouldn't be looking forward to applying to BYU as much--it is kind of like I hope to go to the beginning of the school year party and perhaps I might actually have some people who might consider me a sort of friend? Maybe
Nanti-SARRMM

Post by Nanti-SARRMM »

Werf_Must wrote:I wouldn't be looking forward to applying to BYU as much--it is kind of like I hope to go to the beginning of the school year party and perhaps I might actually have some people who might consider me a sort of friend? Maybe
You have a friend in me!!
bobtheenchantedone
Forum Administrator

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:
Werf_Must wrote:I wouldn't be looking forward to applying to BYU as much--it is kind of like I hope to go to the beginning of the school year party and perhaps I might actually have some people who might consider me a sort of friend? Maybe
You have a friend in me!!
Probably me too. I'm a very friendly person.
Katya
Board Board Patron Saint

Post by Katya »

Nanti-SARRMM wrote:Welcome to It's a Wonderful Hundred Hour Board Life.

Obviously, I'll be Mary.
bismark
Old Man

Post by bismark »

while a number of the board writers were/are my friends, i'm going to be honest, the board really isn't much more than a fun diversion to me.