What do you think about the latest hot topic from the 100 Hour Board? Speak your piece here!

Moderator: Marduk

SWKT Parachuter

Post by SWKT Parachuter »

Hello everyone, I would like to take this time to make fun of Flyboy, author of Board Question #48038.

First of all, his general sentence structures seemed to reflect a poor grasp of the English language.

Second, there were more typos than I feel comfortable overlooking.

Third, there were a number of serious flaws in logic. For one, if it takes three hours to fly across any ocean (a statement of which I am not convinced), then it would take at most 1.5 hours to get to land, not the three hours our correctness-challenged friend suggested. Also, there are scores of medical problems that will kill you, without warning, in under an hour. Heart attacks would actually be at the top of my list, along with, but certainly not limited to, severe allergic reactions, DVT, strokes, accidental overdoses, and brain aneurysms.

Conclusion: Flyboy is an idiot.
Also conclusion: Editors are idiots for letting that post.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Don't be hatin', friend.. The editors tolerate all sorts of idiots... And the writers did mostly correct him.

In other news about bad grammar, today, I intentionally told several people that I was going to ecscape from the libarry.
SWKT Parachuter

Post by SWKT Parachuter »

What are you talking about, G-Schwizzle? Ain't no writer corrections on the question I'm lookin at.

My contemptuous comments STAND.
Giovanni Schwartz

Post by Giovanni Schwartz »

Sorry.. I was thinking something else. But Flyboy does explain that he means that wherever you are, you are no more than three hours away from an airport. So I took that to be what he meant, not that he contradicted himself. But seriously, other than that, his response was really not so good.