petition

Your chance to pontificate on the subject of your choice. (Please keep it PG-rated.)
Imogen
Picky Interloper

Post by Imogen »

my favorite dirty shakespeare is the Queen Mab speech from R+J. dirty dirty dirty. or the gallop apace speech...

JULIET
Gallop apace, you fiery-footed steeds, Towards Phoebus' lodging: such a wagoner As Phaethon would whip you to the west, And bring in cloudy night immediately. Spread thy close curtain, love-performing night, That runaway's eyes may wink and Romeo Leap to these arms, untalk'd of and unseen. Lovers can see to do their amorous rites By their own beauties; or, if love be blind, It best agrees with night. Come, civil night, Thou sober-suited matron, all in black, And learn me how to lose a winning match, Play'd for a pair of stainless maidenhoods: Hood my unmann'd blood, bating in my cheeks, With thy black mantle; till strange love, grown bold, Think true love acted simple modesty. Come, night; come, Romeo; come, thou day in night; For thou wilt lie upon the wings of night Whiter than new snow on a raven's back. Come, gentle night, come, loving, black-brow'd night, Give me my Romeo; and, when he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars, And he will make the face of heaven so fine That all the world will be in love with night And pay no worship to the garish sun. O, I have bought the mansion of a love, But not possess'd it, and, though I am sold, Not yet enjoy'd:

ah the yearnings of a 13 year old girl to lose her virginity...thanks willy shakes!
beautiful, dirty, rich
ahem.
Cute Shoes

Post by ahem. »

bismark wrote:but we are required to read it in our GE classes. im never required to read the DU (thank goodness). seems like a poor excuse to leave dino comics out of the DU if we are required to read dirtier stuff in order to graduate.
This thread is long dead, but I'd just like to say that I was required to watch Scarface for one of my GE classes. It was super bloody and violent and awful to watch. So should we allow anything equal to or less than that level of violence in the DU? No, probably not.